tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by lynchknot, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

Hello, I just installed the new KAV pro and see a large list 30 or so of the same message. I often see similar with outpost. Come to think of it, i'm running a scan right now so that may explain this but I don't understand why Outpost would try to access outpost - Is this normal?
    I also see this often;

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi lynchknot, You are using Process Guard Version 2 I pressume?

When adding a major security program such as KAV, you will need to watch the alerts and make the necessary adjustments, KAV like mant programs tests to see what access it has to other programs with no intention to actually use that function.
    If the alerts are just one or two lines this usually indicates a "test" if, however, these are continuous alerts such as pages of "Read" then I would give the application the necessay Allows.
    Process Guard Version 3 overcomes many of these problems by having an advanced learning mode, so when installing a major piece of software such as KAv then it will learn what rules are needed and apply them.
    When installing "Trusted" programs obviously you only leave learning mode on for as little time as necessary though you will probably have to leave it on for one reboot,

HTH Pilli

3. lynchknot

Thanks. Yes, version 2.000 I have it set on learning mode and using only "block end task" at this time. This concerns me: drwtsn32.exe

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Dr Watson is Windows event reporter so it will probably need extra allows, because PG is guarded DR Watson cannot report on it. Not a problem in the full version as it should be there by default.
    Licensed V2 users can go to the DCS members area where you can get Process Guard V3 public beta which has a better learning mode than V2 + many other enhancements.

HTH Pilli

5. lynchknot

Thanks. I can only afford the free one at this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.