Tried these security tests yet?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by downtime, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downtime

downtime Guest

Hello

Here's another free program that is supposed to test your computer security. http://www.pc-st.com/us/ It's called PC Security Test 2005.

The program checks computer security against hackers, spyware and viruses ect... It runs a series of tests on your computer and monitors the response of your security software. Based on the results it will assign a score that indicates how good your computer is protected against these security issues.

Some of the tests are scanning for open ports, attempting to installing a startup entry to the registry, attempt to change your browser homepage, running an ECAIR test virus and more.

It sounds similar in some ways, though not the same, to the tests offered by PivX called PreView, which was tested by a few members around here recently.

Has anyone tried this program? What do you think of the program? What are your opinions of the tests it offers? Thanks.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I believe this is the third thread on PC-Security Test 2005. I did try it, and I do quite well, cant remember the results now though :(

3. bch

bch Registered Member

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005
  4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It can't test my protection. I installed it, and then ran it. I could have really blown it away by not allowing it to run in Process Guard, but that would have been self defeating, so I gave it permission in process Guard.

I got thru the hacker test fine, but then when it went on, since it is simulating attack, I denied it permission to do anything in Regdefend, and Prevx. Result was the program hung. I guess I got 100% on the rest of the test. It couldn't even run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.