Trialing KIS 7 - Massive Event Log File

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by minceypw, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minceypw

minceypw Registered Member

Hi

Trialing KIS 7 on Windows XP. Running with BOClean425. Interface says total size of my report files is 1.2mb. However, when I look in the Kaspersky folder here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP7\Report

I find a file called eventlog.rpt with a file size of 305mb!! Nothing I do in configuration seems to get rid of this report. Tried deleting it manually. Blocked from doing so. Anyone else notice this?

KIS 7 has otherwise been running smoothly.

2. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

If you look in the main program in reports and data files. what reports do you find?

3. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

sounds like you've got it set to log non-critical events(default setting),set like this it seems to log everything that happens within a six mile radius of your PC(lol)

4. minceypw

Nope, that box is unchecked. I have it set to keep only recent events and to delete reports after 1 day.

5. minceypw

Just had a look. Under the Reports tab, just some 12-15 entries. normal stuff reporting that all KIS components up and running and updates have been completed at various times of the day. Quarantine, Backup and Detected tabs are empty. But the events tab is massive. It has recorded huge amounts of data since the date of installation of KIS, 2nd August. 98 percent of the entries involve WMPlayer connections when I listen to BBC or NASA broadcasts. UDP traffic.

I find that strange since I have configured reports to be deleted after 1 day. Anyway I selected all the entries, and deleted them. The event log file is now just 80 bytes.

Thanks for your suggestion.

6. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

The events log doesn't seem to clear unless you do it manually the way you described:-don't know if this is a bug or by design

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

my kaspersky program files folder is like 17mb
    and the folder under all users/application data is around 40mb with the update distribution updated after everyupdate.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.