Trial version updating?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Biscuit, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I installed a trial version of Nod32 for someone yesterday, but noted that it didn't seem to want to update & was stuck on a definition date of some time in May. Is this normal behaviour for the trial version?

2. Neoxellos

Neoxellos Registered Member

No, it should update for I believe 30 days. Did you try to update manually.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , trial versions are with the lowest possible priority . Note that at the moment ESET servers serve customers of NOD32 v2 + users of EA beta + users of ESS beta + other betas (Linux) and these are with high priority . The trial versions are with lower priority . Due to the fact that the regular users have increased because of these that beta test the products , the crack and the trial users will be a bit late...

Just make this person press Update now button a few times , it will find some a little bit more free server and it should update . Other options are first manual update using files from a Mirror of NOD EE :thumb:

4. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Don't you think that trial users should get same priority?treating them like second class users hardly encourages them to purchase the product!

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I think they are not treated as second class because they also receive support even within the trial period and although they do use the product - they are still not clients . Just because they get the updates later ... I personally don't find it big deal because early or later they get the updates . When using the program for 30 days only , how often you get the updates is not so important , it is important the fact to get them . Within these 30 days one evauluates different things on the product , not if you have version 2514 or 2515 or if you get it at 4:00 pm instead of 2:00 pm

Moreover , the current system with v2 allow pirate users with fix to update as well as trial users. IMO , the trial version system should change because in many regions NOD32 is very popular and the fix system is working for some of them ... :thumb:

6. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

later updates can matter if you get infected whist waiting "your turn":-what really needs doing is to increase server capacity

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , it's no worth arguing about such thing . This is fact and it doesn't depend on either of us . You find it wrong , I find it normal but it doesn't matter , does it. There are pros and cons about this thing , however ESET decide themselves what of the pluses and minuses should be a real factor . :)

8. Biscuit

I installed the product & tried to manually update several times when I saw that the definitions were so old.

I'm not sure why the trial version software hasn't got the latest sigs in it. Wouldn't that save some server bandwidth? IMHO It should be updated at least once a week.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Trial versions update fine, maybe there's something wrong with the registry values. Try the following:
    - uninstall NOD32
    - restart the computer
    - delete the program files/eset folder
    - install the NOD32 trial version from scratch

10. Biscuit

It was on a customer's site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.