trial version nod32 no longer protecting

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Number 2, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Number 2

Number 2 Registered Member

I have nod32 3.0 672 trial version installed over 667. The expiration date is 9/20/08. When I started up my sys yesterday, I received a warning that the maximum protection is not ensured. The protection status box and icon is now orange. I tried to re enter the user id and password given by eset via email,however this does not help. I have left 2 messages for support,one in response to their email,howevr it appears that they are closed on the wkends. How can this issue be resolved? I was about to purchase a retail box version frm newegg so a new license could be registered.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Trial versions are called trial because they can be installed only once. If you reinstall it, you can encounter problems with updating.

3. Number 2

I was instructed to download version 672 over 667, by customer support,when I advised that I wanted to use the latest version. There was no mention of any conflicts or issues that might come up. I would like to get this resolved b4 I attempt to activate a new paid license.

4. Marcos

You can uninstall the current trial version and install the new one from scratch. However, newer versions only fix certain issues that have been reported by our clients so you don't need to update to the latest version unless you're having certain issues that have been fixed in the latest version.

5. Number 2

So, then my question is, do I uninstall the trial version 672 and reinstall it, and if so, what user Id and Password would I enter? I was given a temp new password for version 672. ----Or do I hav to buy the paid one or 2 yr version and wait for an e mail with a new user Id and password + would it work if I entered the license code from a retail boxed version, sold by an authorized reseller? The problem is that I would still need the antivirus protection until the paid version could be activated. (note that I had been using 672 with no problem for days until 9/5)

6. Marcos

The current trial version is 3.0.669. If you have received a temporary username/password, you'll need to download the fulll version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.