Trial version is not up to date!

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by E-Buzz, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

OK, i downloaded the latest trial version of Drive Backup and installed it, just to be sure i could use it on Windows 7 x64. The information i got from Paragon_Cisco in this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1534970&postcount=5 was "Only in the most recent build dated 07-31-2009 (build 10081 for Drive Backup Professional) officially supports Windows 7 32 and 64bit versions."

Great, me download and install the latest trial. What do i get? Build 8681 (29.07.09) that supposedly NOT! supports Windows 7. How am i supposed to be able to evaluate Windows 7 compatibility when the trial version is one that officially not supports Windows 7? When trying to update from within the program or download the more recent version (10081) i just get the answer that my product is not registered. Of course its not, i am EVALUATING! it.

Man, sometimes i get sooooooo tired of software companies where the left hand doesnt have a clue what the right hand is doing....:mad:

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

It seems that in the last version, only some components were updated. Look at Help > About > Component versions. You will find some components listed as build 8681 and others as 10081.

3. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

You are correct Sir, i didnt notice that. Modules hdm.dll, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081, biont.dll, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081 and biont.sys, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081.

But the main Paragon Base Services Library are still build 8681. Dont know if that is the culprit, but Drive Backup are constantly crashing when trying to access certain parts of the program, for instance Diskview>Volume Explorer and Archives>Hard Disks>Plus sign. Errror message says "A part of Paragon System Utilities has stopped working" and offers to go online for solution or close down the program. I chose the latter.....

I´m on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, all available updates applied.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Possibly the trial version is the 32 bit version, not the 64 bit. The installers are different.

5. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

True, so i made sure i got the x64 version, filename db_pro_trial_x64.msi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.