Trial Version Help !

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by juicyfatslug, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juicyfatslug

juicyfatslug Registered Member

Hi,
    I have Bullguard 7.0 installed at present and have had a nightmare trying to upgrade to Bullguard 8.0 to the point that I have told them to stuff it !!!!,could anyone please give me some advice on making sure that Bullguard 7.0 is uninstalled so that I can run NOD32 Security Suite Trial Version, I have heard good things about it and would like to give it a try !,would appreciate any help anyone can give !

Cheers,
    Juicy :D

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Juicy,

I am not sure if there is a removal tool for Bullguard.

My own procedure for removing any AV or suite is to first go to the Add/Remove Programs, and remove it.
    Then I go to Start - Search and search for any files and folders that contain the word or name of the application. I have always found that some are left so I delete what is found there.
    I then go to Explore and Program Files and remove any folder there.
    Finally I go to Documents and Settings and see if anything is left there. If so I delete it.
    Then I run CCleaner.

I have never had a problem such as some have posted here, but maybe I have been lucky.

Others here are much more knowledgeable than I am, and may be able to provide better methods or know of a Bullguard removal tool.

Best,
    Jerery

3. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

juicyfatslug,

Are you saying you can't install BullGuard 8 after uninstalling BullGuard 7, or are you trying to install BG 8 over BG 7?

There shouldn't be a problem installing BG 8 after uninstalling BG 7. Just go to the BullGuard site, download the BG 8 trial version. During the install it will ask you for your username and password. I tried it, and it worked for me.

http://www.bullguard.com/try/bullguard-internet-security.aspx

4. juicyfatslug

Hi,
    I have Uninstalled Bullguard 7 as instructed and even spent 2 hours this morning deleting registry keys etc whilst online to bullguard tech support, still no joy when trying to install !!!, they have even offered a refund as they dont know why my comp shutsdown halfway through installation then needind a system restore to get back ok again !!!! Thats why now im looking else where for a security suite and like the look of Esets smart security suite , any recomendations or advice on Nod or Bullguard would be appreciated , thanks for your time !

Juicy :thumb:

5. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

What is exactly going wrong on installation?

6. juicyfatslug

Hi,
    I uninstall Bullguard as instructed and then download the Bullguard to my Desktop and then run it, everything starts fine the little green install bar starts moving along as components are being installed, then as its trying to install the firewall miniport plug in or component my screen goes blank and my computer shutsdown, then it reboots automatically and then shutsdown before getting to the windows start up screen , i thenhave to do a system restore to go back to settings before i tried to install the new bullguard !!!!!!: They have now instructed me to delete K9 Web Protection , I like this as it prevents my kids accessing dodgy sites !!!!!! thumbd:

7. Graystoke

Hi juicy.

I'm not familiar with K9 Web Protection, but have you tried uninstalling it before you install BG 8 to see if that works for you? Do you have any other firewall enabled when your installing BG 8? Make sure Windows firewall didn't activate after you uninstalled BG 7.

8. juicyfatslug

Hi,
    Will uninstalling K9 make a difference to the installation in your opinion and am I Best not running this afterwards ?, I have Bullguard 7.0 installed at mo and installed that with K9 active so is it really likely to make any difference ?

9. Graystoke

Not sure. It was just a suggestion. I wouldn't stop running K9 if it is something you need. Maybe someone else here will have some suggestions on how to solve the install problem. If all else fails, you can always take BullGuard up on their offer for a full refund.

10. juicyfatslug

Hi,
    Just to let you know, have successfully installed Bullguard 8 after uninstall K9 Web Protection ,thanks for your input !

Yours Happily,
    Juicy :thumb:

11. Graystoke

You're welcome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.