trial version - days run out early?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Hoges in WA, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoges in WA

Hoges in WA Registered Member

I downloaded the trial version on 7th July after two weeks of McAfee disasters where Mc refused to reinstall and Mc help couldn't fix the problem. McAfee has got away with 3 months of my subscription but that's not the issue.

It's now 1st August and NOD tells me that no updates are available because my trial period has finished. Is the 30 days now 23 days?

I have an issue that is being investigated by NOD support (although I haven't heard from him for three days) and I am not yet at the point where I want to commit to NOD just yet so NOD's inability to count up to 30 is worrying me a little. Anyone know why it's ticked over as expired before it's due to?

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Hello, Hoges in WA!

Can't say why the trial version already expired, but I will say that I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. I dumped McAffee after a bad experience. I tried AVG Free for a while (it was OK), but elected to go with NOD32.

I think you'll be happy with NOD32. I doesn't bog down my PC, and it has caught a couple of intruders. I understand KAV is also good, but is heavier on resource usage.

Good luck! :)

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Hoges,
    are you sure you hadn't changed the system date in the meantime?

4. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Mine ran out also after only 12 days of trial, to no avail no one could figure out why either.

5. Hoges in WA

Hoges in WA Registered Member

No dates changed. I'm having an update problem with the new Microsoft 'fixes' and they asked me to uninstall/reinstall my VP but I declined figuring that it could lead to this sort of problem. Looks like it arrived anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.