Trial roll-out of v3.0621

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Biscuit, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I'd like to try a roll-out of Nod32 AV v3 over my small network.

Server: SBS2003 premium
    Clients: Vista32 & XP Pro

The server is currently running RAC 1.0.15 - I'm not sure which version of RAS. It's also running XMON 2.71.9.
    All clients are running Nod32 v2.70.32

Do I need to update RAC/RAS & will this allow me to push the upgrade to the clients?

Any advice welcome.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What do you mean by "roll-out" ?

v3 doesn't support Exchange stuff so if XMON is running you must keep v2 on that server . You can , however , update the RAS/RAC to the new ERAS/ERAC v2

You can also install v3 on the workstations and make them update from the ERA v2 . In the new version Mirror function is supported from 2 places - 1 from the program itself and another 1 from the ERAS itself

So you can keep the server with 2.70 and XMON 2.71
    Install ERAS/ERAC on the server
    Start Mirror option from the ERA
    Install v3 on some or all of the workstations

I still haven't tried push install with the new ERA but it should let you do it this way . You know the usual requirements for the push install

3. Biscuit

Thanks for your reply.

By a roll-out, I meant a slow upgrade to the latest Nod32 pc by pc.

I'll give it a go over the holidays!

4. Biscuit

Yup - a large Vodka! ;)

5. Biscuit

2nd thoughts - reading a couple more threads in this section makes it look a bit of a nightmare to me. I think that I'll wait until a new XMON comes out. :doubt:

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What worries you exactly?

7. Biscuit

People seem to have been having problems. A trial roll-out on my system would also be training for me to roll-out v3 to my customer base - I haven't put a single end-user on v3 yet. If I can't do a full roll-out - because v2s can't update properly for instance, then I need to wait until Eset have all the products ready & compatible with each other.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

People will always have problem . I , for example, have a small issue but I have , most don't have it . A single client haven't complained about something related to ESET v3. You will never know unless you try it :thumb:

V2 is by design made to update from another v2 with Mirror . V3 is ,I guess you know, not a code upgrade but a new code , new program . By desing v3 updates from another v3 program . So if you want mixed environment you may need to keep one Mirror version somewhere to provide updates for v2s.

As for the Exchange version , it is also another product , not available yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.