Trial NOD32 Uninstall Password Lost

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JustGreatJustGreat, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustGreatJustGreat

JustGreatJustGreat Registered Member

How does one uninstall a trial version of NOD32 when the password is not known? The system is Win98SE. The version of NOD32 is 2.5, or at least that's what the title bar on the 'control center' says.

Thanks for your help.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Currently v2 is no longer provided as a trial version and updates for v2 will be discontinued per the schedule announced here.

3. JustGreatJustGreat

Then I don't know what version I have.

How do I uninstall NOD32 when I do not know the password?

Thanks.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Sorry, I misread your post. Please refer to this KB article or better use the ESET Uninstall tool per the instructions here.

5. JustGreatJustGreat

One of links/articles refers to a download "unlock tool" for "version 2.7".

I checked the "File version" of NOD32.exe and it read "2,51,28" - yes, those are commas, not periods. The copyright reads 1995-2005.

Can I be assured this unlock tool for version 2.7 will work on the version I have? I presume I am using version 2.5.

(Added screen cap of file version. -- Darn, I should have left this message alone, screen cap is not uploading.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  6. JustGreatJustGreat

I was able to contact the original user of the PC that installed NOD32 trial version. They could not remember which of a half-dozen passwords was the right password, but one finally worked.

Why does a company allow password protection on a trial product?! Why does one have to spend time learning how to use Eset's KB system to find answers?! Why does your unlock tool require a special code that only your customer support people can provide?!

Would our office recommend Eset to any of our customers? No. Regardless of the version discussed in this thread, it's easy to assume how bad the current version would be.

Thanks Marcos for your help.

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

but that would be a wrong assumption as by and large the current version very good.

8. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

Perhaps the more pertinent question is why a user would want to set a password on trial software.

9. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

:cool:

Oh the possibilities.

10. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Our trial products are designed for the user to test various features of the product and determine if it as a whole meets their needs.

We welcome any input and concerns regarding our Knowledgebase. Our Knowledgebase team works daily to add content and improve search-ability. If you have any questions on how to search and navigate the Knowledgebase, I am more than happy to help.

Providing an open to the public unlock tool for any person to tamper with one of our customer's password protected products would not be wise. Requiring our support engineers to be a part of this process allows us to ensure the user who owns the machine and the product is requesting the unlock.

I apologize that you had issues with a product installed by a previous owner of that machine. We are here to assist and help if you have further questions.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.