Trial - Can't create Bootable Rescue CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by turbojb, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbojb

turbojb Guest

I installed the trial version of True Image but it doesn't create Bootable Rescue CD's. I get an error stating "Error Burning CD-R/RW" after I click the Proceed button. No other information is displayed. I'd like to get this working since I was able to create and verify an image very quickly, but if I can't restore it, it's not of any use so I won't be purchasing.

Running Windows XP Home SP2, 1GB RAM, 250GB SATA HD, Pentium 830D Dual Core, LG GSA-4163B internal DVD burner and LiteOn 832SX USB2 external burner. Tried both and no luck. I can burn DVD's and CD's fine on both drives so that's not the problem.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello turbojb,

There are a few suggestion described in this previous thread titled <Cannot create a Bootable Rescue Boot CD - HELP!!> that you could try in the following order:

1. Manually open the recorder drawer, insert a blank CD-R or CD+/-RW and then click "Proceed" to close the drawer.
    2. Disable Windows XP's built-in CD recording feature.
    3. Temporarily disable Roxio Drag-to-Disk packet writing software.
    4. Boot into Windows "Safe" mode and try creating the boot rescue CD from there.

Regards

3. wdb3

wdb3 Registered Member

I just downloaded TI8 v937 (registered) and had the same prob creating a bootable CD-R. I've not had this prob on earlier versions.

The workaround for me was to leave the CD drive drawer open until TI lets me clk the "Proceed" button. When clicking that buttton the drawer closes automatically and the disc creation completes.

This quirk of requiring the door to be open prior to proceeding in a program is totally unlike any other CD-writing program I have ever used (including earlier versions of TI). I wish Acronis would go back to the more conventional and intuitive way of implimenting this disc creation.

4. turbojb

turbojb Guest

Well thanks to wdb3 I've got it working. I can't believe that something like leaving the tray open and having to press Proceed passed thru testing. Completely non-intuitive. At the very least, the dialog text should be updated to indicate this.

Thanks!

5. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Yeah, too bad Menorcaman did not tell you that.

6. turbojb

turbojb Guest

Sorry, didn't mean to overlook Menorcaman...when I refreshed the page, my browser scrolled to the end and I missed it at first. Thanks as well.

Sorry for having offended the etiquette police.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.