TrendMicro goes in-the-cloud...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by quanzi_1507, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeen

hawkeen Registered Member

I took your advice and ran the executables from MDL with trend micro security vizor installed. Trend micro stopped nothing.

Not to waste an oppurtunity to try some other products. I installed pandas new cloud beta and it found one of the static files but none of the active infections.

Next, Fsecure 2010 AV only was installed and it found couple of the infections. But left many running including many static files.

The next av was vipre. Vipre was quite impressive in that it removed a bunch of them. I thought this was to easy for vipre so I downloaded zbot variant and well it wrecked havoc on my system. It locked me out of registry, disabled task manager--fun stuff. Vipre could not remove this zbot variant as it kept coming back. Vipre did remove the most up to this point but it did not clean the system.

I then downloaded the tool from kaspersky which allows you to scan your system in safe mode and well it zapped them all. It did not restore my task manager or unlock my registry but it did clean the machine.

Finally, prevx was the first product I tested and I have to say, It was amazing. It found everything but since I would have had to use my serial for this vm I did not test its removal/fix capabilities.

If kaspersky had not cleaned the machine avira was my next stop--I save the best for last!

Hawk

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

3. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Trend Micro Web Protection Add-On is a updated, more complete version of the old, discontinued Trend Micro RUBotted, which is quite similar to Norton AntiBot.

Also, Trend Micro only offers a free 90-day trial of Web Protection Add-On.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.