Trendmicro 2014 Line

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by marciocruz, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

Trendmicro 2014 line released

You can download the lastest version here:

h**p://downloadcenter.trendmicro.com/

Everyone with a valid license can upgrade to this new version

Fully compatible with Microsoft Windows® 8.1

protection for your device PC/Laptop smartphone and data when using the Internet. Comprehensive Antivirus Titanium Maximum Security uses cloud technology to provoking protection against new and unknown viruses and spyware by blocking threats before they harm your computer.Titanium Maximum Security 2014 provides maximum is the revolutionary solution for the safe use of the Internet. Completely new way to protect the proven technology of cloud computing to automatically stop viruses and spyware before they reach your computer. The easy to use protection all in one to securely visit websites and receive email, use internet banking and make online purchases. Thanks to Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security your digital life will always be protected. In the 2014 version officially supports Windows 8.1

Program Features:
    Protection against Web-based threats with updates in real time.
    accelerate the PC due to low consumption of system resources.
    Easy to use with friendly interface and intuitive graphical reports.
    Secure banking and shopping online stores due to the protection of transactions and prevent data theft.
    The safety of children on the Internet due to parental controls.
    Blocking spam.
    Remote protection of confidential files in case of computer theft.
    Now work with e-mail, make purchases at online stores and perform banking transactions can be absolutely calm and without interference! The solution Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security will not miss any threat
    System Tools:
    Antivirus and anti spyware
    Removal Tool fake antivirus
    Protection against unauthorized modification of data
    The ability to personalize the interface Titanium
    Safe operation of the Internet
    Block access to malicious Web sites
    Block malicious messages and e mails
    Anti Spam. The system block spam
    Optimize the Windows Firewall
    Smart Protection Network
    Parental Control
    System Tuner
    Cleaning the folder with files, cookie and browser history
    Protection against data theft
    Secure Erase
    Safe Sync online storage 10 GB
    Storage Trend Micro Vault
    Remote File Lock
    Authentication of the wireless network
    Trend Protect Toolbar
    Protection of smartphones and tablet computers
    Protection for Facebook and Twitter
    Protection of e mail and instant messaging
    System optimization :
    Optimization of Windows: Tool System Tuner improves PC performance by removing temporary files, registry entries, start up items and Windows, which allows you to free up disk space and speed up the launch of Windows. To increase performance, System Tuner also clears the journal web browser and a file folder cookie.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Thanks for the update! Will try the AV version later :thumb:

3. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Hmmm I think I have a license floating around for the 2013 version. Might have to fire it up. If I remember correctly the Web filter is pretty good. Hopefully they've cut down on the system resources. It was kind of heavy last time I used it.

4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! I as well have a license in good standing. I enjoyed the uncluttered aspects of the Gui and straightforward set-up and configuring of the settings. Think I'll take it for a Test Drive...download at Route66. Sincerely...Securon

5. woomera

woomera Registered Member

is the upgrade from ver 2013 smooth and hassle-free?

6. marciocruz

Better remove the 2013 vers, then install the new one :)

7. Securon

Good Morning! MarcioCruz...just to check...downloaded and updated Titanium Internet Security 2014. Now...it states it's version 7.0.1151...is this the correct version? I would before installing removing any software that might conflict...otherwise the install is relatively quick and painless. It seems the Gui is somewhat similar...but the layout to my eye is clearer and cleaner graphically.Also boot time and initialization is quicker...and it co-exists well with Webroot Security Plus and AppGuard on my system. Also updates are much quicker I attribute this too it's Cloud presence and that's a plus. Today I'll initiate a Full System Scan...to see how long that takes...and report back. Oh! I'll also report if any lag is caused while surfing...and it's handling of Video and Audio Streaming without affecting system performance. So far So good! Sincerely...Securon

8. marciocruz

Hi Securon! yes, that version is the lastest version (2014 version) :)

9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

does this require uninstall of malwarebytes? If not, I may give it a spin.

10. marciocruz

yes,the installer ask to remove malwarebytes,but you can always intall malwarebyter again after install trendmicro :)

11. entropism

entropism Registered Member

How's the new version as far as performance hit goes? I know last years was kind of heavy, how much did it improve (if at all)?

12. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

imo still heavy. seems to be a bit better but not much for some reason trend has always fealy very heavy on any system i have tried it on or worked on. with their current detection rates at a all time high i wish they could lighten it up a LOT.

13. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Not in my experience, it was light as feather when I had TMAV 2014 installed on my Win8Pro (2gb ram, Intel dual core proc.) machine days ago.

The funny (and annoying) thing was their installer caused little havoc and misconfiguration on my system's settings (hidden system files and folders shown for example) after I fully removed it to try another solution :mad:

14. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

it was the web browsing and opening programs that showed the most impact. it was lighter than some others for sure but not great. if they offered app control via windows firewall it could be a recc program to clients though. i dont consider a suite a av with junk added in.

15. snippits

snippits Registered Member

Just bought the Titanium antivirus 2013 and all is working well. As of today, Newegg has it for $7.99 one user three pc/devices, so at that price I pulled the trigger. Under Newegg latest email deals, the Premium version is on sale for 19.99 for 5 devices.

As I said earlier, the 2013 antivirus is working great on my windows 7 64 rig. I re-imaged and then installed the 2014 version, and every thing works fine except the tool bar(link checker that displays whether a site is safe or not). The privacy tab in GUI has also been removed, and I think this is why the tool bar does not work.

I have gone back to the 2013 antivirus version for now until they sort out the tool bar issue because I like the link checker in web searches. For 7.99 three pc's I am happy for now.

16. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

A great price for a very good AV.

17. Securon

Good Evening! So far...so good...2014 is somewhat similar to 2013...new version has for the past yr improved it's detection rates big time...check out the latest A/V Comparitives ratings...but like all testing it comes down to your own day to day useage and how effective Trend is when and if it's needed. The only other app I'm considering adding is Comodo's free version firewall. Just as a passing question...has anyone used the two in tandem? As usual I'd be interested in all feedback. Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.