TrendMicro 2010

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by quanzi_1507, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Recently TRENDMicro has launched the beta its 2010 home/office products.

Good news:
    -the 2010 version DOES support windows 7
    -multilingual testing available (non-english beta testing will be launched June 22 2009)
    -all beta testers have a chance of winning a 8GB iPod Nano, a 4GB iPod Shuffle or 2010 products licenses

Bad news:
    -the english beta testing will end soon (june 19 2009, that means, 5 days left), as does the prize drawing (june 16 2009)
    -the multilingual testing won't last long (it will end July 17, only 25 days after its launching)

Code:
    https://www.trendbeta.com/pages/#

Some screenshots:

Attached Files:

2. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

I tested this and got pretty many problems - tested it previously, that's. Instead it produced more FPs with its proactive functions, had some serious freezes that caused a lot of trouble. They now don't notify at all when removing malware automatically, so a lot of users might go "WTF, what just happened?"

What strikes me most is that I don't see much change in its security capabilities going to new editions and versions. o_O

3. gery

gery Registered Member

recently i had a lot of serious problems with TIS 2009 uninstallation is a real nightmare . away from it:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

4. mm79k

mm79k Registered Member

TIS was great back in 2006, I used to run on all PCs at home

I wonder what happened to them now, no one is even talking about them in this forum

5. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

I remember using PC-cillin 2002/03 versions and it was a welcome relief from using the sluggish Norton. I was amazed at the time because it came with a firewall and a pill on the system tray. :D

PC-cillin Internet Security v11/2004 slowed down my system considerably so I went to something else after that.

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Indeed, PC-cillin 2002 and 2003 were probably the best versions of the product.........Now Trend Micro is alright but I really don't see it standing out in any field from the vast number of products available in the market.

7. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

i use TM 2002/03 version also, it was good AV at that time, after that i move on never look back

8. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

It's highly recommended in Australia...Not quite sure why, but you go to a store and that's the first product they tell you to buy. Anyway, with a little research you soon find out that there are better products out there, but TrendMicro is still VERY good for the average PC user (unlike most Wilder's ;))

9. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Maybe just sponsored over there? ;) :p On the other note... I'm not so sure about that. Like I noted in my previous message, some people may wonder why nothing is happening with certain files they're opening as it'll not notify when it takes care of something, and you can't even set it too. Then for the advanced that you talk about, Wilders that's, you've proactive features, even if the only I've encountered were FPs, and those were quite a bunch actually. Sounds great on paper, not in reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.