Trend Micro?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomdy2k, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Trend came preinstalled on my sons Asus Laptop which was a nice change other then norton or McAfee but it was not Titanium for me but more like Tungsten, So no I dont use it for that very reason.

3. waters

waters Registered Member

I switch between that and others and for me its appeal is its lightness ,i find it on par with Bitdefender free.The free offer for the antivirus is another plus.

4. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

Thank you..

5. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Light? When I asked about it a few weeks ago people said it's heavy :rolleyes:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=334158

6. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

It's great, I'm using their AV 2013 without any single issues so far.
    I created a thread about TrendMicro days ago: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=338999
    Btw, there's currently a 1y-free promo going on now for the AV and it's still alive yet I think, so if you are interested google is your friend or pm me for details.

7. waters

waters Registered Member

They say that about Bitdefender.I have only used the latest antivirus.I have tried both and others like Kaspersky,norton,avast.
    On my system Trend and Bitdefender run the lightest.Run another security product with them and things change.Your and others may be different .

8. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Last time I used Trendmicro Titanium, it was running kind of heavy. I believe it was running around 75K. It also slowed down browsing a little bit. The web filter is outstanding though.

9. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Yea I tried just the AntiVirus and it sucked the life out of my system.I guess everyone system is different but I got the same results on two different systems. Some say bitdefender is heavy yet it runs light as a feather on all my systems 4 machines windows 7 laptops

10. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

i got the exact same results like u on my system bro

11. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I actually came here with the same observation and question! I've got two months left on a three PC Norton AV license. This being the second year that it was free at Newegg after rebate. If, in the next two months the deal is there again, I'll use it again as Norton is fine on this system and I would only have to enter the # the day before expiration as opposed to un-install, cleanup and install of a new product. If it isn't offered and the reason I was posting, I to discovered this morning how well TMT is testing, believing it wasn't that good. The thing is, my cable company provides it free. So from the thread I have the basic information, however, does Titanium mean it's a firewall too, as I haven't even checked their site yet?

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i also tried Trend Micro for the first time and my system feels like if i am infected :) very slow and system freezze alot and the browser opens after like a 1 or 2 minutes :) so no way jose:thumbd:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  13. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

No way Jose. Bet you love using that line. :)

14. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! Have used Trend Micro Titanium I.S.2013 on my system on and off over the past year...and I believe I still have a month or two remaining before it expires. On my system the 2013 was way more responsive...very little lagging while browsing...and minimal slowdowns on my Opera and Firefox browsers. I enjoyed it's layout and user friendly experience. Now with it's dramatic performance improvement...over the last quarter of 2012 and 2013...in regards to detection...I'm seriously considering purchasing a new license for 2013. Sincerely...Securon

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ofcourse :)

16. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Yes v.2013 is awesome! I can't tell for past releases though, last time I tried a TM product was around 2001, their antispyware iirc.

17. auron12

auron12 Registered Member

Trend micro 2013 is using integrated cloud security and is very light.I use it for a long time now(Versions 2011, 2012 ,2013) and NO system slowdown no impact at all.And my system is 5 years old.Onse upon a time yes, it was heavy but the latest versions(2011+) has cloud engine with top performance and security.I test it many times in REAL time via browsing and local scans and never had a virus or malware issue.(and i have scan my system numerous times with malwarebytes and super antispyware)

18. waters

waters Registered Member

I think people slowdown was with past versions

19. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So this is what I can get: "Join the thousands of Armstrong customers who are already using Trend Micro - Titanium Maximum Security 2013 FREE with their Zoom Internet subscription. That's a $89.95/year value!" Firewall too? I hope not, but why so expensive?

20. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Purplus...Trend Micro I.S.2013 3P.C.user...$16.95. Sincerely...Securon

21. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

just watch purplus some people have had bad keys from them.... i never had a issue but many have even some from wilders.

22. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

Lightness? Seriously? I tried on a 'fresh' snapshot on a fast gaming PC and the thing literally dragged the PC to a standstill. It was so intolerable I uninstalled it without even threat testing it. We're talking a 3.2Ghz+ Quad Core, 8GB DDR3, generally a very quick machine, and Trend made me feel like my machine was infected like the other guy noted above. Only thing worse on it was Trustport or Coranti.

23. anon

anon Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  24. waters

waters Registered Member

Performance as in fast browsing and security and its hard to beat.

25. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

im currently using trend micro titanium AV. Its not very light as compared to others like nod32. Its taking too much time to start its protection..
    working ok in my systemo_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.