Trend Micro Titanium Anti-Virus Beta 3 Testing

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Exactly, that is my point. Have they just not updated the site, or plan on having different marketing for the US?

2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Probably hardly anything: actually the only improvement possible to make is making the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security easier to use for newbies (like Windows 7 Firewall Control does), so Outbound control would be easier. Other improvements are impossible; since you have to hook in the the Windows Filtering Platform (and the service: Base Filtering Engine [and ofcourse the service Windows Firewall] to be able to really change the firewall.

But hey, Windows 7 Firewall is a great firewall. No need to change it; it does it's job perfectly: keeping hackers away.
    Probably there are 4 categories of Windows 7 users:
    1. a firewall, what is that? So they just use the Windows Firewall without realising;
    2. the category which uses a particular anti-virus program; and just keep it the firewall because they think it is fine, or because they think it is great (me);
    3. the group using the firewall in one of the major Internet Security;
    4. the advanced users who want HIPS, therefore install Outpost, Online Armor or Comodo or whatever.

So actually only group 4 opt for using a different firewall than Windows Firewall.

3. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Release date for North America Sept.8th/2010. A Wind Whisperer told me so. My only complaint is no firewall...the product name Titanium Ultimate Security...is hardly Ultimate without a Proper Firewall...remove the Ultimate. But the only Ultimate feature set I'm interested in is it's effectiveness in the Removal and Cleanup of Malware...Period. Take a look at the latest A/V Comparatives testing of Internet Security Suites...Trend Micro for the third time running gets Ultimately destroyed. Sincerely...Securon

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

5. gery

gery Registered Member

it does not on my though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.