Trend Micro Titanium 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Jadda, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Hello.

I just won a boxed version of Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2011, and wondering if anyone has any experience with it? I've not been impressed by Trend Micro before, and I really don't want to uninstall my current antivirus, install a trial, and perhaps just waste my time.

Is it light? Detection? Worth my time?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Jadda,
    I think if you went over to the Trend Micro Forum you could get a better idea on how people like it or if they have run into any problems.

3. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Ive only had great experience with it - it has its weak and strong parts. Especially the web filter is great, but the detection could be better. If ur using MSE it only takes like 30 secs to uninstall and 30 secs to reinstall. The best thing is to try it out yourself :thumb:

Tgell whats the point in linking to a support forum. Ofcourse people are there when they have problems. Its only at the Comodo forum people go online to praise their product. Last time I checked the Eset forum it was full of people needing help, but that dosent make it a bad program.

4. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

@Jadda

Hi! I think you don't need such a "present" . If you can sell it . Otherwise push it to someone you don't really like :)

5. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

6. gery

gery Registered Member

Trend Micro has one of the best web guard protections of every other vendor. But it also has an average antimalware removal and detection capabilities in my opinion. If you want some premium help you can keep it otherwise there are free alternatives that will give you a lot more protection such as AVIRA AVAST or AVG and MSE . It is up to you though

7. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

the naming of their products is really funny. it was "pro", then "platinium", then "titanium" and now i see it's "titanium maximum". funny moments like this are priceless.
    i use trendmicro (latest release) on daily bases, at work, we are all here asking ourselfs how could the network administrator choose such a crap. unbelievable.

couldn't agree more.

8. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

if i were you , i wouldnt use it , even if free

9. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

i installed Trendmicro internet security 1 week ago in my uncle's pc with 1.5GB RAM. But it was heavy for that system. That was my first Trend micro installation . i removed that so i dont know more abt this one.

10. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

It is not worth the hassle of installing/uninstalling,

it promises to be very light, it ain't;
    it surely is easy to use, but I doesn't give you any kind of configuration;
    it's detection ain't that good as the major free antivirus programs;
    it's removal ain't that good as the major free antivirus programs;
    it has one strong point: website/url filtering. But that is also it's weak point, it focuses too much on url filtering.

11. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! I had Trend Micro installed for three days...that was two and three quarters too long...this product is utter rubbish...way over the top too expensive...It should have undergone an extensive overhaul before being presented to an unsuspecting public...this is the sad demise of a company that used to provide superior detection and protection three years ago. I'd recommend installing it on a Commodore 64. Stay as far away as possible! Sincerely...Securon

12. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

There's just one component I consider to be worthy:
    Web Filter
    and thankfully TrendMicro offers for free a Browser Guard and a Web Protection add-on that provide a solid hardened protection for internet browsing.

13. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Thanks, I'll just drop it.

14. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

TrendMicro has MUCH better detection than Notepad. :thumb:

15. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

if you shop at Harvey Norman in Australia, they desperately try to get you to buy Trend, claiming the norton Trial installed on laptops isnt as good :rolleyes: I wonder if they are getting paid to do that :cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.