Trend Micro Sysclean "Installation Failed" Error

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by weirddemon, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weirddemon

weirddemon Registered Member

I have a love hate relationship with Trend Micro's sysclean. It's a great tool, but I always receive that error when I run it. It's not a problem though. You just click OK, it goes away and the scans continue.

However, it makes it hard to automate the tool. I had forgotten about the error and it did a scan via my AVERT tool, with 3 other scanners to see how long they all took together. I ran it when I woke up and viewed it when I got back from work.

The automation had gone on for hours but no scans were done because of that stupid error.

I tried contacting Trend Micro, but that was no help. I couldn't call or email them because you have to have a product key in order to do so. I did their online chat as well. After 30 minutes of them asking me questions and looking up information in their internal KB, they informed me that they don't support free products and couldn't assist me further. Seriously?

I went to their community forums, but got nothing.

Does anyone know why this error occurs and/or what I can do about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.