Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Cercyon, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cercyon

Cercyon Registered Member

Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 has a fire wall. Is it all that good? Should I [can I] download zone alrm for added protection?

I just found out the hard way about 2 av's on the same machine so I really dont want to risck it if its going to be a problem.

2. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

I found the firewall in TMIS 07 to be pretty good for basic app control, but it doesn't monitor inter-process communication etc like say comodo does.
    It did stealth all my ports when I tested it at grc, but I didn't run any leaktests ar anything like that.

Stem, Paranoid2000, or one of the experts here (which I am most definitely not) should be able to give a more comprehensive reply though.

If you decide in the end that TMIS firewall is not good enough, you can uninstall the firewall component, and keep the rest of TMIS.
    (you really don't want two firewall running at once)

3. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  4. GrailVanGogh

GrailVanGogh Registered Member

I have TRMI installed on my desktop for the wife and it works very well and is easy to use. It passed the leak test from GRC as well as stealthing the ports.

The AV portion is not that shabby either and works fine using OE or Mozilla Thunderbird. Updates are a bit slow if using the antispy feature as it download the whole signature database instead of individual files but it is not that bad as I schedule updates during supper when the computer is idle.

This is the 2nd year using TMIS on the desktop and I am happy with it as well as the wife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.