Trend Micro pays for a test and loses!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by qakbot, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I agree.

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

The test only shows that the tester wasn't biased.

And besides, isn't that what they (Trend Micro) paid for?

3. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

You can't change the opinions of some on here who think that Norton is bad. For that small subset of people there is the "ignore" button.

Although this is a technical forum, I am quickly learning that there are very few technical people here willing to discuss security for the sake of security. There is a lot of positioning.

I think the Dennis Labs test is the most detailed test I have seen, for those that even cared to read the PDF. If someone can find flaws in the methodology, speak up. The last test that they did, where Norton won, cause controversy. It appears that this one is know different.

Maybe, they should do a series of tests
    1. Kaspersky vs QueenSoft
    2. ESET vs NoNameSoft
    3. AVIRA vs BestSoft
    4. Dr.Web vs Dr.Bob

so, we all have our favorites win at least once. Then everyone will be happy :D

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Best post of the week. haha

5. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Please specify precisely what you mean by “intimately linked.”

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I seems popular to trash Norton. However, I completely trust the integrity and objectiveness of AV Comparatives. Norton shows up well there. On the full product Dynamic test it was tied for first place with Kaspersky with 99% malware blocked.

The Norton haters just do not have an argument that Norton pays to have its ranking inflated.

Regards,
    Jerry

7. Pleonasm

To the best of my knowledge, the methodology used by Dennis Technology Labs is the only one that utilizes (a) whole product dynamic testing combined with (b) a web replay system. This combination ensures that all tested products are exposed to the same threats in the same way, and ensures that the results are repeatable and verifiable.

8. guest

guest Guest

Thanks for make clear that you are already positioned.

It's clear that most of the people likes Norton is a great product, but is a pitty to see how every time somebody says something that do no include the conclusion "norton is the best product ever" some people start to attack.

I just said that before Norton paid for the first test to Dennis labs, Dennis labs was maganizine not even about computers. So maybe Norton didnt pay for this one but they somehow created dennis labs. Now each one can take its own conclusion about this test. http://blog.avast.com/2009/10/30/de...testing-paid-for-by-an-av-company-be-trusted/

Nobody need to see the dennis labs test to convince himself about that Norton is a very good product, they can take a look to any other test and took the same conclusion.

9. Pleonasm

In my opinion, the suggestion that Symantec engages in unethical behavior to have test results manipulated is an outrageous defamation of the company’s character, knowingly and willfully made in the absence of any supporting evidence whatsoever.

10. guest

guest Guest

http://blog.avast.com/2009/10/30/de...testing-paid-for-by-an-av-company-be-trusted/

11. guest

guest Guest

Who is trashing Norton?
    Why do you think that I hate Norton? this is what you understood? You should read it again.
    I thought that is quite clear that I dont like Dennis labs.

12. Pleonasm

It is true that Dennis Technology Labs failed to state in the report that the work was funded by Symantec. However, please note that when Symantec has discussed or referenced the reported produced by Dennis Technology Labs, it has made a full disclosure: “This study was commissioned by Symantec” (e.g., see here).

13. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

But you accused Norton of paying pretty much all the tests that Dennis Labs created.

You said Dennis Labs is Symantec child.
    You don't like the child , most likely you don't like the mother/father , too.

And stop with the link to Avast's blog . It was written just because avast was somehow taken in the game (test) . Otherwise they would have remained silent. The CEO as an ex-Symantec employee tries everything to put Symantec down *my opinion*

14. clocks

clocks Registered Member

"Trend could not be the nº1 because the nº1, Norton, paid much more
    I wonder why norton is almost always the best one on this kind of tests"

Again, you insinuated Norton is generally ranked well due to them paying people off.

15. guest

guest Guest

Nobody cares if is an ex-CEO or the child of norton president, he is not telling any lie.

Seems that you have more problems with avast than me with Dennis labs

I think that your problem is that your are taking many conclusions by your own, please dont put in my mouth again things that you imagine that I think.

16. guest

guest Guest

I can also cut off your posts and make you say whatever I want, please read the next posts also.
    When I say "this kind of test" i mean test made by Dennis labs, is now clear for you?

Is not my fault if norton created a new tester from nothing, and they were the first in sponsor an AV test, sorry BUT is not my fault. But this does not mean that norton offers a bad protection, this is your conclusion and I still can understand why.

17. Pleonasm

To be clear, what precisely is your thesis? Are you saying that Dennis Technology Labs altered test results by its own volition without pressure by the vendor financing the test?

Thank you.

18. guest

guest Guest

So, do you also like to put in my mouth things that I didnt say? jajajaja
    Take any conclusion you want, but why norton needs to create a new tester from a fashion magazine...?, there was already many reliable testers with a lot of reputation. Because the others dont acept the sponsored tests (test sponsored only by 1 company not by all the companies tested).

Sorry I have to go, see you guys later.

19. Pleonasm

Exactly the opposite. I am simply asking you to elucidate your position, because there appears to be some confusion.

So, to ask again: What precisely is your thesis about Dennis Technology Labs? Please clarify in your own words.

20. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Do you guys have a feud against eachother or what? You seem to clinch in many discussions. *puppy*

21. guest

guest Guest

I reserve my thesis about Dennis lab for me only, as I said with the facts exposed take the conclusion that you want.

22. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Facts.... What Facts ?? If your not going to explain your point of view what is the point in posting in the first place ?

23. guest

guest Guest

I didn't post my point of view I just explained how a fashion magazine becomes a reputable testing company because is related with this thread.
    I think that you are intelligent enough to take your own conclusions, if you are not able to understand this I'm so sorry.

24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

How the heck do you know anything about the CEO at Avast. You dont but because he isnt with Norton and now with Avast he is the devil? Give me a frigging break. Your attitude towards any product that isnt Norton is the exact reason I cant stand Norton or its supporters. Its the Norton way or the highway.:thumbd:

guest is right about Dennis Labs. The sad part is, stuff I am told behind the curtain here, that I am asked not to repeat, is ashame, because if I could it might shock this place on its buttocks.

25. stratoc

stratoc Guest

what a silly thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.