Trend Micro OS Protection (Beta)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by WSFuser, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

link

Anyone try this or know any specifics of how it works (particularly the Firewall Booster)?

2. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I tried it when I was using TMIS '07 a few weeks ago. Pre-Startup scan is just where you can set the next bootup to scan the computer before the OS loads. Firewall Booster is supposed to use the "enhanced capabilities of Vista's FW" (whatever those are).

I had a time uninstalling this as I had to use a third party uninstaller to get rid of it. It may have been that I had uninstalled TMIS beforehand.

3. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Haven't tried it. I went straight to the 2008 version. Which is running great here

4. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

That was why I had to take those features off. When I went to install '08 it said that I had to take TMOS Protection off because of incompatibility with the beta. So if you are running the beta you couldn't use this anyway.

I had two issues with the '08 Beta. For some reason Windows Mail wouldn't remember my login/password for both mail and news. It kept popping the window up asking for them.

And for the life of me I can't remember what the other issue was, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.