Trend Micro Internet Security

Discussion in 'polls' started by Access Denied, May 15, 2004.

?

Please Rate Trends current AV

Poll closed May 21, 2004.
  1. Poor

50.0%
  2. Perfect

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Could I please get a vote from everyone that has used this software. I am going to use it on 1 of my pc's and would like to know which. The score here would be a good start to finding out before it has to be installed on the 19th. Thank you very much for your vote and input. ;) :)

I screwed up the options, lol. Rate from 1(poor)-10(perfect) please. Thanks

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I used it for a couple of weeks and I believe I would give it 6 1/2 a little better than average but that is about all.

3. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

I think the Anti Virus is very good, but consider the Firewall poor. I dont think you can install it without the Firewall.

4. Snowwomen

Snowwomen Guest

My former company used to use it, but it seems people still got infected day in day out. But it's due to user ignorance really, not much reflection on the quality of software though

5. Access Denied

Well I went ahead and installed it. I am liking it so far. I am gonna disable/stop the firewall and use my Outpost Pro. Please continue to post comments.

Thank you,

Eliot

6. ncs_malaysia

ncs_malaysia Guest

however... after the installation u can uninstall the firewall using the tool provided by TrendMicro..!!!

7. Access Denied

And I did. Then I have installed my Outpost Pro and NO BSOD LIKE THERE WAS WITH NOD32. Anyone who said that the BSOD was Outpost and hyper thread needs to read this post. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!

8. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

After I scrapped Norton's I used Trend Micro for about 3 weeks. The problem I had with it was that it kept shutting down every day or so. Couldn't figure out why. Asked for and received a refund with no problems. Outside of this everything seemed to work fine. Use NOD 32 now. Very happy with it.

9. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

TMIS is a good product for a suite. You might check into their standalone AV which should be coming out soon.

I'd rate it a 7 or 8.

10. Access Denied

Damn, I bought this thinking it was the the new Trend AV o_O

11. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

What you have is the new TMIS--it's just that Trend is planning on releasing an AV-only version with no firewall and antispam controls. ;)

12. Access Denied

So I should have bought the current PC-Cillan and not TMIS for just AV :(

All I wanted was Trend's AV :)

13. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well, I don't think you could have done that. I had PC-Cillin 2003 for about 5 months (until I found a a very nasty, crippling bug in it that was making it impossible for me to use the internet after being on it for about 8 hours without a reboot) and my understanding was that PC-Cillin was to be no more. Instead, the 2004 version would be Trend Micro Internet Security. I was no longer interested in PCC or TMIS once I learned that the engineers had not fixed the nasty bug in the 2004 edition like they had promised me they would. I would not be able to ever use it with that bug without disabling tmproxy.exe which I could have done, but Trend's telling me, and others, that they were fixing this after we had months of trying to figure what was causing all our nightmare problems and then we did figure out the cause and Trend looked into it and admitted that there was a big bug...and then didn't fix it...well that really soured me on Trend.

It is interesting to see that their little experiment with the suite idea must not have gone over very well if Trend is now coming out with a new standalone version of PCC. Maybe the bug is finally fixed in the new edition. (It doesn't affect anyone who uses the computer only a few hours a day and then shuts down the computer overnight. It only affects those who never turn off their computers and who use it for many hours a day without rebooting during that time).

14. Access Denied

Its now an on demand scanner as Outpost showed its ugly face and gave me BSOD without NOD32 here to blame. I am back to NOD32 with E-Trust and Trend as on demand if I reinstall it. I may just ask for a refund since I don't really plan to use it and its only few days old. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.