Trend Micro Internet Security 2004 good

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Stephan123, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephan123

Stephan123 Registered Member

I have a thought

Is Trend Micro Internet security 2004 good
    Is it fast with virusdefinitions and so
    Thanks

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

In my own opinion trend micro is probably in the top third of av's in regards to the frequency of updates and detection rates. You can check out the detection history here I hope this info is helpful

bigc

3. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Keep in mind BigC said top third not top 3.

I agree with his assessment. There are many other products I would use before I put TMIS on my computer.

4. Stephan123

Stephan123 Registered Member

okay thanks for the info

5. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Ru Serious? like what? i love my pc cillian 2004? i havnt had 1 nastie in the whole time ive had it?...perhaps a little spyware but no trojans yet !! or viruses it updates weekly or daily!! LONG LIVE TMS :D :D :D

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

My brother had pc cillin 2003 but computer slow as a turtle (not a ninja turtle though) and I installed Kaspersky and Kav found 50 virii and trojans. this is a very sad but true story, four days later I heard the pig still screaming :D

Maybe 2004 is better, maybe but I will not use it on my machine, like Tasdvl I would use a lot more other av's before pc cillin.

just my two cents.

7. Jamespb

Jamespb Registered Member

I have been a loyal customer of PC-Cillin since it's inception (or close to it) in the United States. My fist encounter with pc-Cillin was when I was compromised by the sub7varient. My then virus software (E-soft) I think it was at the time. Was not effective. Their tech support, in my opinion
    Consisted of an under skilled group.
    I happened upon PC-Cillin quite by mistake. I was in somewhat of a state of panic since I was being actively breached. The tech support was astounding. I still remember the technician’s name. Jane Jimenez, she was polite calm, and above all else Knowledgeable. She walked me through the fix. Might I add that the tech support was FREE! I had just installed the trial program during the conversation.

I have followed Trend Micro's progress to some degree in the past and have realized the CNET always rate them #1, yet when you search on www.net.com for Virus software, oddly enough they suggest Norton or Macafee etc.

They offer a free online scanner (One that fixes the problem, not send you to as buy me know page)
    They offer tech support for their trial ware.
    The wait for a tech support rep for me had always been bearable.

I feel PC-Cillin is not only the best VSoftware but also offers the best product for the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.