Trend Micro 2012

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by marciocruz, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Does anyone know what the TM policy is regarding upgrading to newer versions? I'm used to Norton Internet Security where you can install a newer version as long as the subscription is valid, but many security vendors don't support that.

2. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

I think all vendors upgrade for free.

you can email the support to upgrade if they dont do it automatically ( eg. panda )

3. m0unds

m0unds Guest

^^ it takes a lot more effort than it should to get panda to upgrade. i got my ticket dropped into a renewal sales person's inbox and i've been getting hounded since.

trend does indeed offer easy, free upgrades to more recent products. my father-in-law bought a trend micro internet security 2010 license and used it to activate a titanium product without issue.

4. pbust

pbust AV Expert

If you're having problems with the upgrade let me know. Just send me a PM with your CustomerID and I'll forward it to the right department.

5. carat

carat Guest

... and Panda Cloud ;)

Is there a free version available? :doubt:

6. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Nope. :)

7. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

you can upgrade your product,every time tm release a new version/build

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

OK, but how? Do you just install the new version and input the previous license key, or do you need to contact Trend Micro first? Some products use unique keys for each version that are not cross compatible. Specifically, I just installed a new copy of TM Internet Security 3.0 and I know it's one or two versions behind the current one.

9. marciocruz

you just need to install and insert your current serial,and it's done

10. Victek

Victek Registered Member

May I ask if you've done this and know it for a fact first hand? Since the product names have changed is Titanium Internet Security the version that would be compatible with my license for TM Internet Security 3.0? Last, would it be necessary to uninstall TM IS 3.0 first? TIA

11. marciocruz

yes i have done this process,i recommend to uninstall first,and the install trendmicro titanium internet security,with your regular key.

And if you need help check this:

hxxp://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-upgrade-Trend-Micro-Internet-Security-to-Trend-Micro-Titanium-Internet-Security.aspx

12. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks, I was able to update to the Titanium version without difficulty.

13. marciocruz

Good!if you need someting else,just ask.

14. Victek

Victek Registered Member

New question for you :) I received an email mentioning that mobile smartphone support is provided at no extra charge, however it shows the mobile software download option inside the TM Internet Security 3.0 GUI. That link is not present in TM Titanium Maximum Security (which is the product I upgraded to). Can I register TM Mobile for Android with the same license?

15. marciocruz

HI again, Currently the smartphone protection that comes bundled with Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security does not include an Android version.
    You can check the compatible version in your cliente area at, trendsecure.com

16. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

The letters NSS stands for what exactly?

17. AssassinKID

AssassinKID Registered Member

Looks good, running 2011 version atm. Dunno if I should upgrade next year(?)

18. marciocruz

Hi,yes you can upgrade to 2012 version

19. marciocruz

almost,not totally.

20. marciocruz

RC Released Today.

more info:

xhttps://www.trendbeta.com/pages/product_info/view/693x

21. marciocruz

Hi again,

New Android security beta from trendmicro, you can check that at:

xhttps://www.trendbeta.com/pages/product_info/view/711x

22. m0unds

m0unds Guest

they really need to start offering their android security platform free to users of their software. they offer "mobile security" but it's their ancient windows mobile software, so mostly worthless except to the 4% of people with smart devices who have winmo still.

23. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I always wonder why trend micro has so much good web scanning feature yet a poor scanner. Why doesn't it keep honeypot to collect malwares at those pages that it blocks. In my personal testing it performs very poor in on-demand test of fresh samples compared to most other candidates. But with web scanner enabled it blocks those malware links almost cent percent.

24. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Trend Micro as always been very good at blocking malicious URLs that's sort of their main focus, to prevent the user from accessing the infected site in the first place. I think more vendors should focus on that.

25. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

That's good but they should also focus on on-demand detection. Because internet is not the only infection vector. Actually I cannot get the point why they don't place honeypots to collect new malwares. When they are so good in blocking infected sites it is quite easy to collect malwares. I have seen in a number of cases that it cannot detect malware coming from infected sites (that it blocks) even after one week after it blocks. But I have tested on small number of samples.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.