Trend 2015 arrives tonight. Take a look.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mayahana, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Glad to see we're in agreement. Pound for pound, a desktop will always outperform a laptop. Apples to Apples, Desktop wins. But if you take a modern, not gaming rig laptop, it's about the equivalent of a 'average' desktop. That much has been confirmed by countless benchmarks, and that's the point of correcting your statement which was 'desktop vs laptop overall has zero difference on how software will run.". Here's an example showing an i5 desktop outperforming an i7 - raw statistics here - they don't lie.

http://processors.findthebest.com/compare/818-833/Intel-i7-3610QM-vs-Intel-i5-3570K

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

just remember i said MY DESKTOP. my desktop runs 24/7 at 4.6 and sometimes higher for heavy work or benchmarking (i also test with dice and ln2) with 32mb ram also overclocked. if i run this all at stock speeds imo my laptop would be at least equivalent to my desktop falling short *maybe* in the gpu because i have a quad setup in the desktop vs a dual gpu in the laptop, now if i removed all but one card the laptop would win that war also. the only reason my desktop wins is due to a quad gpu setup as well as being overclocked (both cpu and ram) my laptop would run circles around a normal users mid tier desktop imo all day long.

3. fax

fax Registered Member

Not my desktop I am afraid, it is much slower than my surface pro in ordinary operations. So Trend does not impact my desktop and even less my surface.

4. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

I am still using Trend on my laptop and have had zero slowdowns. I think it is a solid antivirus even though some of the kinks still need worked out with exclusions. I'm not certain what might be causing the slowdowns but I think they might be specific to certain setups.

5. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

Blocking incoming and outgoing connections to programs with your Titanium program manually
    http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1059651.aspx

The title of this help file shows that I can block incoming and outgoing connections to programs manually. Will someone please explain this to me? After reading the article, I am not certain I understand what they mean considering instructions and the title of the help file.

I have firewall booster checked and I don't see anything related to blocking incoming and outgoing connections.

6. snippits

snippits Registered Member

They are talking about going into windows built in firewall and change the settings there. I do agree they could have explained it a bit better.

7. snippits

Been beating hard core on Trend for the last week, and it's A+ on file execution. My eyeballs are floating with Suspicious Blocked.

8. waters

waters Registered Member

Zero slowdowns here if i disable password manager. For some reason with it enabled i get Chrome slowdown. I got Maximum Security off Ebay for £5 and very happy with it.

9. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Trend is about the only program I haven't tested, thinking it might slow down the browsing etc. But apparently I need to try it...I know the tests results are good right now.

10. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Does Trend block adware and PUPs from surreptitiously entering your PC from the webo_O

11. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

On Hypersensitive it will - generally. Also the fingerprinting is pretty good at picking up PUPs. I won't say it will get them all, but it's pretty decent at it on hypersensitive, and getting better.

12. waters

waters Registered Member

Might be good protection but too slow here. wife complaining she cant even play facebook games now. Back to Bitdefender internet security.

13. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Ancient computer? Trend should have virtually no impact on any PC. It's on my wife's old, and slow Dual Core 2.66 Acer Aspire Notebook. (SSD, 4GB Ram). I think that notebook is almost 6 years old now, and it runs fast and light on it. I suppose a really old, or potentially corrupt system may have issues, but the vast majority shouldn't notice it at all.

14. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

I have a ticket open with tech support and was told to restart my firewall and make certain all Windows updates are installed. I suppose you have to crawl before you walk. My system and browser would freeze for several seconds at a time for no apparent reason. Along with the program not honoring the exclusion list and no prompt for action upon detection, I give up on this and will just take the loss. I reinstalled Emsisoft and my computer has new life. Do not purchase Trend until you have run it in trial mode for at least a couple weeks.

15. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

You said just last week it was running perfectly other than the exclusion thing.

16. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

That was last week and that is why I mentioned to trial this software for, at least, a couple weeks.

17. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

It degraded in performance over time?

18. waters

waters Registered Member

Well mine did. It ran ok at first. Intel core i3-2120 CPU 330GHZ 3.30GHZ Ram 4.00GB
    Mine improved a bit with lowest settings but still slower.

19. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

20. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

So what is the overall verdict on this version? Thumbs up or what?

21. fax

fax Registered Member

:thumb: here

22. snippits

I am using a AMD Phenom X2 955 processor on my desktop rig, and Trend Micro antivirus 2015 runs just fine.

As far as thumbs up goes, that would be an emphatic yes. It's cloud heuristics of fresh malware is fantastic. Web blocking is top of the line, and checking links in emails and social sites is more cream on the pie. As far as adware and PUPs are concerned, I just hope it is better than last year.

Got a 2014 antivirus key(works on 2015) cheap on Ebay. so I am happy.

23. jdtax

jdtax Registered Member

Hi.
    Has the "Trendmicro Worry-Free Business Security Services" been updated to use the new improvements found in the 2015 consumer versions of Trendmicro?
    Thank you

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  24. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Not until Worry Free 10 next year.

25. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

I have a 3 computer license for Trend Micro 2015 security suite. I have successfully installed on two of my computers, but on the third it is simply not working. It is a Lenovo Ideapad Y510, 32-bit Vista os. Nothing works. I've also downloaded the hotfix for installation hangups and nothing works. Is there something else that I can do?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.