Transport layer question

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by domfino, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domfino

domfino Registered Member

I am not a network guru by a long shot. I did install the Colasoft Network Analyzer on our network that has 30 users.

My question is I see over 40K transport messages saying TCP Repeated Confirmation for three times(see xxxxxxx). Is this normal or is this a reason why our network is sometimes very slow?

I don't really understand why TCP repeats 3 times between two servers. Can anyone help me understand this or point me in the right direction?
    Thanks
    Domo_O

2. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

3. domfino

domfino Registered Member

Thanks you so much for the reply. I did read the article you mentioned, but it is a bit over my head. I will ask some folks in our IT area if they know how we can manage this busy activity. The confusing thing is the percent utilized on the network is usually between 2 and 10. Therefore, if the network is busy wouldn't the percent utilized be something like 40%?

4. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Between 2 and 10 means your traffic is not big, but you should check whether you are using the right network profile with right bandwidth. Wrong bandwidth number will result in inaccurate percentage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.