Transfer rate

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by mrfargoreed, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I use RESTORATION even with Power Shadow installed but as far as it re-deleting as i see it, a user has to be their own judge to if they realize any worthwhile results or not. For me it makes a difference no matter what brand of Hard Drive i run it on. I really wish we had an expert on the forums in these hard drive matters who could actually sort the facts from fiction compared to benefits for better clarity, but as it stands i'll continue this practice since it reaps dividends in performance gains for my machines. Plus i feel better when i use an UnDelete utility to confirm those results, just like i use UltimateDefrag to verify that my Diskeeper is really sorting/defragging according to the settings i program it to do.

2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

yes it would be good to have a drive expert to look at this. FWIW I am glad you recommended this program. May be a complete waste of time but I like being able to reboot and see no files found using Returnil. As a restorer of deleted files
    I have had mixed results - files just deleted can be restored, files deleted 6 months ago - I can see the file name but the contents are by now too scrambled. Anyway I'm currently cleaning all machines - some data drives have tens of thousands of worthless references. If I find any extra speed that will be a bonus.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Keep us posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.