Traffic light still yellow after backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ctbinla, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctbinla

ctbinla Registered Member

Hi
    I backed up and my traffic light is still yellow.

I know the backup was good because I tested it by deleting a document on my system and then restored it.

I thought maybe Acronis didn't recognize the backup because it was on an external hard drive and it was turned off. But I quit Acronis and turned on the hard drive but the traffic light is still yelow.

Sorry if this is a basic question but I am a new user.

I have the current build (8053) and I am using XP.
    Thanks

2. rugmankc

rugmankc Registered Member

Mine is the same way. This was addressed before. I think it stays that way until you actually "SCHEDULE" back ups.

Ignore it.

Ken

3. goldberg96

goldberg96 Registered Member

I tested this just the other day and that is correct. Only scheduled backups change the status indicator (although I'm not sure of the logic in that).

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

The traffic light bars are an utter waste of time. In my brief excursion with Version 11 I found that they could turn green when a scheduled backup had been run but they would remain green even when TI 11 failed to run a scheduled backup. The only reliable place to look is the Acronis log.
    Having gone back to Version 10 scheduled backups run without fail and all my backups and restores are done without ever opening the TI GUI again.

Xpilot

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I don't know who came up with the yellow alarm/alert band or who approved it's inclusion in ATI but it's the silliest damn feature I've seen in software in I don't know how long. Otoh, it doesn't cause any harm except for a little anxiety in the user until she or he realizes the alert is just a Chicken Little warning. You should just ignore the yellow alert band just as you would the man behind the curtain. ;-)

6. dsn

dsn Registered Member

Probably the same person that came up with the talking paper clip. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.