tracking cookies.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by nadirah, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

This tracking cookie cookie is not blocked by spywareblaster. It is called: a.as-us.falkag[1].txt
    i wonder why this cookie has never came out in any of spywareblaster's definitions before. it usually gets in from advertisements on websites. i think its time javacool put this tracking cookie in spywareblaster's next definitions update. i also request these other websites cookies to be targeted as well, they are from : shockwave.com, go2net.com, okcount.com all the cookies get in through ads on websites.

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi,

You're probably stuck with the Shockwave ones, if you have the Flash and/or Shockwave "players" installed and active. They'll usually re-authorize their own cookies every time you try to block and remove them (the cookies, that is).

With all due respect to Javacool and SpywareBlaster, you might want to think about letting another utility handle the cookies and let Blaster look after just Active-X menaces. Cookies are just a nuisance, after all (primarily in the spam they generate), but Active-X "baddies" can cause serious problems with your system.

I personally like Cookie Pal, but there's quite a few other good ones around too, either freeware or dirt-cheap shareware.

If you do decide to go that route, let me/us know if you need help in how to change the Blaster setup so it ignores cookies, it's a quick and easy thing to do.

Best,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.