TotalProtect

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by StevieO, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Would this small live CD use only ETP to scan and clean the machine, or is there more to it? Thanks for more information. :)

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

just insert the cd and wath the movie:D dont forget popcorn;) and a 2 litle pepsi:cool:

3. jakestephenjackson

jakestephenjackson Registered Member

Yeah LOL! It will basically do everything the ETP scanner can do. It obviously cant browse files or anything like that, it just enables you to remove viruses from your system on a bootable CD. I knew this feature would be very useful to people so it was top prioroity to get it finished ;)

4. jakestephenjackson

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

6. jakestephenjackson

Thanks
    Well ETP is aimed at the everyday average joe, so its got to be as simple to use as possible. ;)

7. jakestephenjackson

Element TotalProtect 2010 YouTube video now up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwOTh8r-ZPE

This video represents the RTW version, if, no major bugs are found, will be replacing 2009 versions very soon.

Tested and developed against Windows 7 RTM, Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2 and WS2008 Standard.
    Works very well alongside the majority of antivirus packages, and all false positives of the software is now non existent.

All is looking good :)

8. PatrickDickey

PatrickDickey Registered Member

Hi Jake,
    I'm reviewing your 2009 version for BrightHub and have a few questions. I sent you an e-mail on 9 August with the questions. And I'm testing this on Windows 7 RTM right now (was testing it in an XP VM prior). I got an error message on startup, and wanted to make sure that it's nothing major. Also I had the same issues with the scanner locking up (and am going to try the update you posted on 21 July).

The e-mail address that I sent you the questions from was sales at patscompservices dot com.

Here's the error message information for you. "Xenocode Virtual Operating System" Error Code 0x8000FFF.

Have a great day:)
    Patrick.

9. PatrickDickey

PatrickDickey Registered Member

Actually in checking, I do have the latest update installed. I checked right after I posted this (as I had originally downloaded the product prior to reading the posts) and it was the latest. Just to make sure it was a good install, I put the update on.

Have a great day:)
    Patrick.

10. jakestephenjackson

Sorry for the long wait for an update, it has been a very busy couple of weeks.

Just to let you know that the Element TotalProtect 2010 RTW bits are now on the website. Its not officaly launched yet, therefore the placeholder webpages.

If you feel like checking out the finalized copy of Element TotalProtect 2010, you may do so from www.elementsoftware.co.uk/totalprotect/2010/downloads.html

Patrick: Sorry I havent replied to your e-mail yet, Ill get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.