TotalProtect

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by StevieO, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

The software needs to have more technical details of what it's done; Tuneup, Immunization, etc. If you don't want to provide any such information right in the face, consider a button beside the Close and Revert Changes buttons which reads "Show Details" or something.

I guess less CMD windows will open once final or later release?

2. raven211

You don't really need to provide a button that reads Reverse Changes for an action that's just been done - the user has no idea what the changes have for effect right after.

What you MUST provide is a "Rescue Center" where the user can see all the changes that have been done by the software and then eventually revert by choice.

3. raven211

How does TP work together with the Windows Firewall since it doesn't turn it off here on Windows 7 (64-bit)? Is it not a stand-alone FW? If it's that would probably mean conflicts...

4. jakestephenjackson

jakestephenjackson Registered Member

Much of what you said is already being provided behind the scenes, we just have not exposed much of it in the interface yet. Yes, less CMD windows will be seen, but some functions have to be done through console apps.

Yes, it will be expanded on . :)

5. raven211

MSE (in my sig.) is once again detecting you as "Obfuscator" or something like that - it happened when I ran Tuneup.

6. jakestephenjackson

Thanks for the tip! We will definately implement that! :)

7. raven211

Hehe - see if you can hide them behind or something, or keep them minimized/invisible. :D

8. jakestephenjackson

The old -MIN trick works wonders and without breaking functionality. We dont really think of doing that in debug software though for the pure sake so we can see what the app is doing. Heaven forbid running a defrag and unminimizing the cmd window! LOL!

9. jakestephenjackson

Already spoke to Microsoft directly on this matter. It seems that the problem will be fixed on release of the software (You do know that they are not supporting that fully yet, since the beta is no longer officaly avaliable, the updates dont patch problems yet- YIKES!- i was actually told this btw)

10. raven211

Tested turning of AM protection - see screenshot, and note another "are" miss that's pointed out. :p

Attached Files:

11. jakestephenjackson

Yeah and do not worry either, its nothing malicious, its software we purchased that we use in house to protect software code (you know, so it cannot be reverse engineered)

12. raven211

Okay, understood.

13. jakestephenjackson

Yep. Typical UI bug. Youll see that the changes will take effect again after exiting and opening the UI again. Simply a few lines of code that need to be added in again there.

14. raven211

Oh snap - I missed an "e" myself! :D

15. raven211

Consider making spaces on places where an "-" is present with text after and eventually before being present, so that it looks like this: "<words> - <words>"

16. raven211

*Phew* - too much stuff, I'm done with your software for now. :D

17. jakestephenjackson

Yeah. After coding 10,000 lines a week you can always get...hmm....sloppy LOL

18. jakestephenjackson

I therefore emphasize the word BETA! :)
    Thanks for testing by the way, hope you enjoy using the software. (You can always get a free license from me personally if you keep up the good testing! )

19. raven211

Hehe, got one. Student and 19 just like you, living in Sweden. :D

20. jakestephenjackson

Oh yeah, just to remind you that youll be able to do a direct upgrade to ETP 2010 once its released :)

21. jakestephenjackson

Cool raven, just noticed ETP in your tagline! :)

22. jakestephenjackson

Status Update:

Good news! Thanks to much hard work, Element TotalProtect 2010 is nearing completion!

Oh and to raven: We have implemented a rescue center in the software due to high demand. From there you can undo tasks actions made by Element TotalProtect, create a system restore point and restore files from quarantine (the quarantine was buried in the beta)

http://www.elementsoftware.co.uk/restorecenter.png

The RTM will be released within at least two months if development keeps up well.

It will replace Element TotalProtect 2009 as soon as it is released. Since it will be a free upgrade from Element TotalProtect 2009, no further service packs will be released for 2009 editions and lower. (2008 support stopped a few months ago)

If there is any feature requests please talk to me NOW, since I will be busy within the next month (starting Uni, and finalizing ETP 2010 if its ready).

Thanks all.

(Also, could you help spread the word a little if you wouldnt mind, I would appreciate this very much)

23. raven211

It's spread enough to those who actually care about using this type of software by having a topic here - there isn't much more to do for me to be honest. ;)

24. jakestephenjackson

Just a quick update- the recovery center in ETP 2010 will allow you to create a recovery disc (a bootable ISO file, around 20MB in size) However this will not be included in box with ETP, but it automatically downloads and burns the ISO for you. The recovery disc allows you to remove viruses from your computer using a live cd which may allow a unbootable computer to function again.

:)

25. jakestephenjackson

Oh and Identity Protection in ETP 2010 now supports Firefox too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.