Totally Snowed Need Lots of Help Now

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Perplexed, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perplexed

Perplexed Registered Member

Just got True Image Home Full Version. I do not want back-up to my hard drive I want it on DVD-RW disks. I set up for the 1st backup trying to get full back-up of hard drive. It gets through the file, sets up the backup. to the point of asking for 1st disk. Put the disk in it begins back-up but then I get error E00040003 I use retry then I get operation completed with errors.then E00070004 operation has completed with erros and log operation failed. I have tried every way and every combination. I finally tried using the boot disk I just made and it ran better but still it says disk is full. I tried putting in another disk but at the end of the whole thing I get Volume 1 the same errors and that's all the further I can get. I have tried for the past 3 days and still cannot figure out how to go any further. Tell me when a disk is full doesn't it ask for another disk and number them or are all of them disk volume one. Files plus the program and reboot disk is a lot of files. If you have 50GB that wuill take at least 13 disks. How do they get a backup of the program plus my drive on one DVD? Doesn't this program tell you anything?

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

You would have much better results if you used another drive such as an external drive to hold your backups.

If you insist on using DVD, then suggest you temporarily store your backup on the same C drive--providing you have enough free space. Use the "archive splitting" option and split your backup archive into DVD sized files such as 1492MB. After backup completed, validate the backup and then copy the backup archives onto DVD as a Data DVD.

Believe me, you would be much better off using an external drive. If you get once scratch or one bad byte, your backup is useless.

3. stevewa

stevewa Registered Member

Get a 2nd hard drive

the cost is much lower than the time you will waste backing up 13 dvd's

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Re: Get a 2nd hard drive

The real surprise will come when a Recovery is attempted from those 13 DVDs.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Re: Get a 2nd hard drive

I think what he's referring to is the fact that when restoring from DVDs, you have to swap diff disks in and out as the restore progresses -- not just once or twice for each disk but many times -- think the number of times is the number of disks raised to the power of that same value -- or maybe it jsut seems like that many swaps. It can drive an otherwise sane person absolutely nuts. So if you do backup to, or store backups on, DVDs (say, for special archival purposes), you probably will want to copy them (in a particular restore set) to a harddisk directory when you want to attempt a restore.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Perplexed,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide full text of errors (or screenshots of them)?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.