Totally disapointed by all AVs

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pandlouk, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Well with Antivirus engines are are a variety of ways to configure them. I find that Symantec, on Virustotal, misses a lot samples, however with my copy of NIS09, it generally nabs the majority w/ "aggressive" heruistics.

2. circlemoon

circlemoon Registered Member

Running the OS in Ram as virtual image is one of the method to avoid infection of virus. Once it occurs, just reboot the computer and all viruses will be destroyed because it is only a virtual image.

3. icr

icr Registered Member

Why not use sandboxie its very good program

4. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Will the virus be able to circumvent this in anyway? eg such as copying its self to the hard disk and executing upon reboot.

5. circlemoon

circlemoon Registered Member

It can be avoided by disconnecting the hard disk after the OS is booted up to run in Ram.

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I used to be thoroughly fed up with AV's and felt vindicated from my distress of them when HIPS entered the security scene. I never got on the ProcessGuard bandwagon back when it was extremely popular but now see the usefulness of it.

It took KIS6 before i finally began to regain some confidence that i just might be able to run an AV resident again for the first time since Windows 98 and AVG6.

Now that i tried Avira i can see plenty of improvement is gone into AV development to make them as "Lite" as possible without sacrificing functionality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.