Total failure :/

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Thomass, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomass

Thomass Registered Member

Hi,

I got big problem, I can't boot into windows anymore because of Paragon software!!

I got a MacPro with OSX and bootcamp with Windows xp 64 bit installed where windows is my primary OS.

I had to do a disk clone of my harddrive with my OS's so I installed "Backup & recovery free edition" and ran the program and started to mirror the drive to a usb drive, all went find until it came to the partition with windows, it wanted exclusive access and wanted to boot into it's own thingy, I accepted that and after it booted I successfully mirrored the entire drive. So I wanted to restart assuming it would go back into windows, but no, it just booted back into "backup and recovery" and there was no way I could keep it from booting back into it. So I read on the website about building a bootable recovery media, but it's not in the free version so I went ahead and paid 50bucks for "Drive Backup 10 Professional" with which I could create a recovery media, but I've been going trough it and found nothing that helped.

So bottom line is I can't boot back into windows, I can see the drive and files is still there but I just can't boot into it. So instead of backup up my harddrive I've used backup software to make my system totally useless...

I really hope someone can help me.

/Thomas

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Thomass,

So after the restart, did the program proceed to do the backup to your external usb device? Can you describe what screen you got stuck at? At this point, if you'd like cancel the backup task, you can use the Mac OS X DVD and disk utility to default the boot back to Mac OS X.

To complete this operation once you're back in either OS, is to use the Recovery CD provided by Drive Backup 10 Professional, and run the backup/copy to the external hard drive, rather than initiating the backup within Windows.

If this is urgent, please contact us directly at 1 888 347 5462 option 3 option 1.

3. Thomass

Hi,

After the first reboot when I started the backup it goes into "Back & recovery" and I did the cloning just fine, so that is not the problem.

Also i'm not really getting stuck, but when I boot I can hold down ALT and select either mac osx or windows, but when I select windows it boot into the backup software and not into windows.. so no matter what I do I can't get back into windows.

/Thomas

4. Thomass

Been trying a lot now with no luck, even tried mirroring another drive which also has bootcamp with win xp64 and then after that mirriong the partition with win xp64 from the malfunctioning computer, osx works halts at the boot menu with "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem." the usual solution to this is boot from xp64 cd and go into repair mode and run bootcfg /repair and fixboot command, but none of those made it work, I still get the same error.

So to start over I wanted to restore the harddrive with the very first image I made, booted from dvd and the paragon software started just fine, hooked up the drive with the backup, selected where to copy it to, and then again it wanted to boot to get exclusive access and this is even though it was booting from the DVD!!.. so I accepted it and then after 10 second an error came up "Operation failed, could not get bluescreen directory, native error message: The system cannot find the path specified"

so now I can even restore my backup.. what a joke.. Not only did paragon software completely destroy my computer it also fails and restoring what I backed up.

In other words, if you use bootcamp then using paragon software is probably a very bad idea!

/Thomas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.