TOR?!!?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by paruhnoyd, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paruhnoyd

paruhnoyd Registered Member

Hi, i've been behind TOR connecting to a site on an encrypted connection. I supposed that maybe I've "abused" the service provided by the site. How difficult would it be for one to trace me? Is it possible? I also have the same concern regarding emails i've sent. Thanks in advance...I apologize if this has already been answered.o_O

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I think that's going to depend entirely on what you've done to "abuse" the service. If you've tried to use P2P through it, you're at just as much risk as you would have been not using TOR as it does not work with programs not configured to use it (not to mention you have a hell of a lot of patience if you tried that). TOR is not untraceable/unbreakable, and it is not flawless. Do you use plugins like Flash with TOR? If so, your data can leak. The same with enabling Javascript. What email service did you use, TORMail, Yahoo, Gmail?

I don't expect you to start confessing to any crimes here, but it would be helpful to at least have some idea or background information on how you might be using the service, plugins/no plugins, and such.

3. Please Help Me

Please Help Me Registered Member

Don't transfer sensitive personal information over Tor since the exit node can sniff the traffic. Disable flash, javascript, plugins, with the NoScript add-on for Tor Browser Bundle. Better yet use Tails Live CD/USB for maximium anonymity. Simple as that.

4. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

That depends on what you did, and how much information you leaked. Try to refrain from abusing a service in the future, though...

Sometimes, it is.

If you used an account created outside TOR, and then sent mails using TOR or if you entered some personal/identifiable information in those emails, then yes, you will be identified.

5. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I just stick by the rule, you are anonymous in a herd of cattle. If your the one cow that's wearing a fedora and a sign saying eat me boys. You are probably gonna be targeted instead of using the crowd to your advantage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.