tor

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by personguy666, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. personguy666

personguy666 Registered Member

ok i was using tor and i shut my laptop for 1 night.
    then i reopened it. i left my torbrowser on.
    was my ip visible?
    (usually when u click stop tor the connection on torbrowser don't work any more)

2. personguy666

personguy666 Registered Member

some1 told me that if u put computer into sleep. then the connection is cut off (to tor).
    but with my tor bundle it is configured, so if you stop tor, if you try to use the internet it says "the proxy server is refusing connection".
    does that mean that ip leak or not?

3. Tomwa

Tomwa Registered Member

TorBrowser isn't just going to spontaneously leak your IP, I use it as my main browser and while hibernation is disabled on my PC (Encryption keys are vulnerable during hibernation) I can vouch for the fact that your IP is perfectly fine. Furthermore, the message "The proxy server is refusing connections" simply means Firefox is attempting to talk to tor and isn't getting a response (It happens all the time) go to Vidalia's icon in the tray and start/restart TOR.

If you're doing something which you really want to keep secure browse from a Live CD such as tails, if not a Virtual Machine/Sandbox would be the second best configuration.

Hope that helped :)

P.S. Remember to keep your TorBrowser up to date

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.