Tor Tails question

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by lotuseclat79, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Aside from the Tor traffic increasing due to botnet users starting as of Augut 19, 2013, has anyone experienced the problem of simply not being able to get a DHCP connection to their ISP when attempting to use Tails (or any other Torified distribution like Liberte Linux)?

I wonder whether my ISP is now blocking Tor and has not told any users that it is doing so. Technically, they may not actually be blocking Tor, but rather only now allowing my original NIC identity, thus side-stepping mac address changes OTOH. Does anyone see this happening in their own situation with trying to use Tor?

Tails 0.20 is using Tor version 0.2.3.25 whereas the latest Tor (alpha/beta release) is 0.2.4 which is said that very few instances of it are yet running on the Tor network.

Has anyone been having the same/similar problem of not being able to get a connection to the Internet from their ISP with or without using Tails when trying to use Tor lately?

-- Tom

2. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

I don't use Tails. But I know the Tor network has been extremely slow lately due to all of the botnets taking up its precious bandwidth. I originally thought the slowness was due to a sudden surge of Bittorrent users, but then I realized it was due to a sudden surge of botnets. Can the blackhats please stop wasting everyone else's precious bandwidth with their childish botnets and DDos attacks?

3. Reality

Reality Registered Member

When I last used it a few days back, it had slowed some, but was still OK, (not using tails) but then I still havent quite gotten over my euphoria of BB speeds as opposed to dialup. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.