Tor site on StackExchange in private beta

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by mirimir, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

A site for Tor questions on StackExchange is in private beta. Unless it starts getting more users soon, it will die. If you're interested, go to <-http://tor.stackexchange.com-> and commit to the Area 51 site proposal. As far as I know, this is the best option for Tor questions in play.

2. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Signed up - very confusing, never used stackexchange before. I'll figure it out.

PD

3. adrelanos

adrelanos Registered Member

I never could make up my mind which type of forum I prefer.

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I have most experience with this type of forum, and little with the StackExchange type. I like this type for discussions. The StackExchange type is confusing, because the message order changes based on voting. On the other hand, it's easier to find coherent, self-contained answers on the StackExchange type. In part, that may reflect explicit preference for both 1) simple (one-question) questions that invite coherent answers, and 2) complete answers that don't reference other answers, and even repeat stuff.

If you have questions about using Tor, this is a good time to ask them, because many of the Tor developers are actively answering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.