tor help

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by woodcrusher, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodcrusher

woodcrusher Registered Member

Hello
    I was wondering if someone could give me a little help i am using tor and privoxy on a win xp machine and when i first put it on several months ago it worked great but now i am having trouble with it i use firefox and when i try to surf with tor enabled it goes no where. oh i guess i should tell you i use the vidalia package and the onion is green and says tor is running.I also have a linux box and the same thing with it worked great when first installed then went no where i think everything is still configured correctly i made no changes.so could someone please help thank you.

2. idontknowtech

idontknowtech Registered Member

Do you have the firefox addon installed? and when you say it goes nowhere, what message are you getting?

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Also, do you see any messages in Vidalia's Message Log that may indicate a problem?

4. woodcrusher

yes i do have the add on and no the log indicates no problems what happens is when i turn every thing on and type in address and hit enter well it does not go any where i know it is slow because of onion routing but not that slow. the browser says it is looking for address as normal but thats it.

5. Paranoid2000

If you are running a firewall, make sure that it is not blocking any traffic (browser -> Privoxy, Privoxy -> Tor, Tor -> Internet for example). If nothing turns up here, try deleting the cached-routers file (by default in the Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Tor folder) and restart Tor.

6. woodcrusher

Hi ok i tried what you suggested and still nothing but i guess i should mention that i at first thought that maybe my firewall was a problem so i turned it off and still that did not help so i dont think the firewall is preventing it from working i dont think.

7. Paranoid2000

Please post (a) the last dozen or so messages you see in Vidalia's message log and (b) details of your browser proxy configuration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.