Tor error with google

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Fontaine, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fontaine

Fontaine Registered Member

Anyone get the following error with Google when trying to use Tor:

"We're Sorry....but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now."

It goes on to say that they will restore service later and if not then to try to delete the google cookie and search again. I have been using Tor with no problems, except the past few days. I use Tor with the Firefox extension (if that matters). Weird that this all of a sudden started happening.

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

3. Jim Verard

Jim Verard Registered Member

Paranoid, Clusty doesn't return many results as Google does. I have tested myself many kinds of combinations and words and in the end, Clusty doesn't show me 1% of the results I was able to receive from Google. Specially if you're looking for something that is not always in english.

Scroogle is even worse.

I have a better solution.

Use this proxy website instead of Google. So, you might type www.google.com on the navigation bar, and search what you want. And you will never see those messages again.

That's how I was able to get rid of those damn warnings. I was looking many things on Google and each two minutes I was receiving those messages. Now, even using Tor all the time, this proxy website is getting rid of them.

4. Fontaine

Fontaine Registered Member

Thanks to both of you for the replies. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.