Top 4 Social Engineers Of All Time...

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Longboard, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Security's Top 4 Social Engineers Of All Time
    http://www.darkreading.com/blog/archives/2010/05/securitys_top_4.html
    Never guess No1..or maybe you will...
    :ouch:

Heh heh Where does the Jobsian Borg and the Vole fit here ?? :eek:

2. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

Why does Facebook take all the heat when there were other social networking sites before it? MySpace was popular well before Facebook was the behemoth it is now.

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

The difference is the completely walled space you can have at MySpace (and no, I don't use it) and they don't slip changes in all the time and make privacy a difficult task. Let's hope Facebook gets it together, they are promising changes.

4. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

I see. I have never used either, so I admit to ignorance here.

I think the whole social networking idea can be useful in certain instances (connecting with old high school or college classmates, for instance), but I think people who put their whole lives up on the public Internet are, well, idiotic and shouldn't b*tch about privacy violations. The Facebook CEO was right when he called his users "dumb f*cks." :D

I especially am against people putting their small children on their profiles. I know you want to show off your kids, but c'mon. Pedos are in every town, and while children were victims before the Internet was around, putting them up there for the whole world isn't a good idea, imo.

5. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Did you read the article in the OP? There's a reason Mark Zuckerberg was #1. He's a creep and knew exactly what he was doing all along. Blame the users? When Facebook had a simple interface for what was "private" and what was "public" people used it believing the site would hold up its end of the bargain. Instead, Facebook has turned around and several times made information "public" that the user had marked as "private." And did it in the name of making it more "friending friendly." As you know, slowly but surely until it became a boiling hot issue, people were told what Facebook had done. Millions were shocked to go to their Facebook page to find ZUCKERBERG had swindled them...even sold their information! Don't blame the users, blame the real villian: Mark Elliot Zuckerberg.

6. Webby

Webby Registered Member

7. robertsamual

robertsamual Registered Member

Here is a big difference between myspace and facebook. In myspace you are connected with friends, college mates and some unknown persons on the net who you think is cute but on facebook you have some extra features like you can connect with your business partners and working professionals of your fields. That makes a big difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.