Top 10 Internet Security Myths Debunked

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by amvlad, Oct 20, 2014.

1. amvlad

amvlad Registered Member

Hi guys,

Though so many security blogs & forums (like this one) out there, few people actually follow their recommendations. Instead, we sometimes prefer to listen to some old myths, exaggerations and misconceptions.

Here are the top 10 most common internet #security myths we need to know: https://heimdalsecurity.com/blog/top-10-security-myths-debunked/

Do you have any other security myths that you're trying all the time to debunk?

2. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

Easily the biggest one:

I'm going to back up my data... tomorrow.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

@ amvlad

I've checked out Heimdal, but it would not even run. No interface, no nothing showing up. It also wanted to "listen to incoming connections", what is the purpose for that? Not a good first impression.

4. amvlad

amvlad Registered Member

Sorry for getting back so late. I've missed your message somehow.

That's not normal... at all. Can you send us more details to support@heimdalsecurity.com? We will get back asap. Thanks and sorry for the trouble

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

@ amvlad

I did run it via Sandboxie, so that may explain it, perhaps you can check it out. However, I would also like to know why Heimdal needs to "listen for incoming connections".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.