Toolwiz Time Machine, anyone tried it??

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Zapco_force, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Zapco_force

Zapco_force Registered Member

Good evening to all and scuse me for bad english! :doubt:

Can anyone tell me if Toolwiz Time Machine is safe and reliable as TTF?
    If I create a snapshot before installing a very large program like 3D-Studio Max (Autodesk), I can be sure that any trace are disappear when the snapshot is restored??
    Have you done any testing with Toolwiz Time Machine?
    Thank...

2. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

I have the same doubt and how the restore of the system is done?

Is like Keriver 1-Click Restore Pro?

3. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

I have only used it for a few days. It does appear to be reliable. But yes snapshots do disappear sometimes. Keriver is an imaging program more than a snapshot program. If I wAS Using this as my main restore option I would probably want to also use Keriver. Tm does seem to work well with Time Freeze in ToolWiz care. It has already been useful in the sense that you can try out a software & if you wish to delete the program you simply can restore your last previous snapshot

4. ExtremeGamerBR

So TTM is like Rollback RX, for example?

5. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

yeah I was disappointed. I test it and it was good at reverting to snapshots. If it was not for the auto snapshot delete due to full cache, I would recommend it.

Its a cool application but i stopped using it when it automatically deleted my base snapshot I taken for an emergency to revert. It seems that its cache is constantly filling up and when the limit reached it will delete your snapshot.

I thought finally found something free like comodo time machine but a major down on snapshot auto deletion unlike CTM.

6. taleblou

7. taleblou

Another thing I did as to make the snapshot stay longer. I set the cache during time machine install to 500GB (1/2 of my HDD) and until the cache reaches that limit, the snapshot should stay for a very long time and not be deleted.

8. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

Yes apologies...I forgot there were two Toolwiz :oops: Post deleted

9. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

One thing I don't like of Time Machine (and it's the same with Farstone RestoreIT) is that it creates its data file right at the root of C:. Can be a very large file depending on the size you need. So if you also use a backup software to image your machine with incremental or differential backups, your backup size will suddenly dramatically increase because of that data file.

10. Zapco_force

it's true! .... I agree and this is not good!! :thumbd:
    I also believe that the size of the data file is unfortunately not editable...:'(

I think that TTM is not yet a "mature" program...

11. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

Some people have only C:, so ... Why don't you just use "Exclude" feature in your backup program or send a request to james@toolwiz.com?
    You can choose the size of the data file:
    TTM.png

12. Zapco_force

Ok, but the data file size can be changed each time i needed, or during installation only?? o_O ....because
    it's not the same thing!

13. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

So do I. Not sure what that has to do with it.

It's not a backup program. It's an imaging program. As in imaging the whole drive. Besides, do you know for sure how Timeline would behave if I restored my system without the buffer file?

14. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

Ok, I understand. Still, it's pretty easy to implement your suggestion, but if you didn't send a request ...
    Probably corrupted.

15. ExtremeGamerBR

16. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Hi @ExtremeGamerBR, that windows warning appear always after user to select a snapshot and clicks in 'Revert my system to selected' button.

Did you see, after reboot, a TTM restore process (before login in Windows)? Your disk/partition System was reverted to the state that it was in the selected snapshot?

If so, is how TTM works - no cause for concern. ;)

Maybe I'm not realizing the problem posed?

:cool:

17. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

And it's working?

18. taleblou

Well the snapshots are not deleted for the few days I test it with that tweaking. I estimated that if it takes around 500MB to 1GB a day for the cache to fill, then at 500GB limit would take 500 to 1000 days for it to reach and snapshot get deleted.

Atleast I hope so.

19. ExtremeGamerBR

Yes, my system was reverted to the state I wanted. But I could not change anything in the program because it gave this message.

I've uninstalled the sofware and I could not see the process.

When a new version out I'll take a chance. :thumb:

20. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

So anyone using Toolwiz Time Machine on Win 7 64?
    Any probs?

21. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I just installed the last and previous version of TF and the Toolbar is not appearing after the checkbox "Show Toolbar on your Desktop" is enabled. Has anyone been able to get the toolbar to appear?

22. atunis5804

atunis5804 Registered Member

Yes, I did. It works VERY well on my Win 8.1 64bit system, although I only turn it on when I am testing new software. It is highly rated - check out CNET, Softpedia, etc., ratings. I have tried all similar products, and I keep coming back to Toolwiz.

23. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Running TTF on Win 7 64 bit here, HP355 G2, 8G RAM. No problems of any kind.

Might have an update eventually since I also got a free Win 8.1 disc for optional upgrade. Thinking about it.

24. Adric

Adric Registered Member

What TF version are you using? The toolbar is not appearing on my desktop where aero is enabled.

25. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Never heard back from ToolWiz. Running SD. Commit on the fly :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.