Toolwiz Time Freeze

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by sg09, Dec 1, 2011.

1. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

looking forward to an software update and an 'official' support' for win 8.1 + 64 bit .:cool:

2. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

Latest Version: 2.2.0.3200 Release Date: 2013-11-18
    V 2.2.0.3200(Nov. 18th, 2013)
    The toolbar can record the last postion
    The main GUI can support the command line
    a. xxx.exe /install (install the engine to the system)
    b. xxx.exe /uninstall (uninstall the engine from the system)
    c. xxx.exe /freeze (start the time freeze right now)
    d. xxx.exe /unfreeze (stop the time freeze and need reboot)
    e. xxx.exe /freezealways (set the time freeze auto starts with Windwos)

http://www.toolwiz.com/products/toolwiz-time-freeze/

3. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

It would better that instead to show always toolbar in top, TTF shows floating toolbar on Desktop - like TTF had done in older versions.

:shifty:

4. littleturle

littleturle Registered Member

Toolwiz Time freeze V 2.2.0.3300 is released.

http://www.toolwiz.com/products/toolwiz-time-freeze/

5. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

V 2.2.0.3400(Nov. 26th, 2013)

fixed the issue which caused the error message in the Win8.1
    saved the protection status in the Registry.
    fixed some other small bugs

6. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

What happened to the ToolWiz Time Machine update referred to in Kupo's post?

Thanks

Terry

7. deugniet

V 2.2.0.3500(Dec. 11th, 2013)

Improved the engine.
    Improved the language file.
    User can translate the Time freeze into their own language.

8. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

Always likes this program and never had any issues across all the versions I tried.

I would like to see the option to use ram as the cache instead of disk.

9. cloudstr

cloudstr Registered Member

Is this better than Shadow Defender?

10. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I think both programs are very good. I used both and like both. The only reason I prefer to use Shadow defender is because of the reputation that it has earned over the long run. But in my mind, TTF is as good as SD.

Bo

11. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

I don't think anything beats SD

12. deugniet

Forum Timefreeze Toolwizsite:

-http://www.toolwiz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=3bc116f8f7298acfbe5188ac4aad7ba5

13. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

Thanks for this comment, Bo. It encourages me to give Toolwiz Time Freeze a try as replacement of Shadow Defender.

14. bo elam

Hi Pete, TTF was just fine in W7 when I used it. You might like to try Toolwiz Time machine which includes TTF. I might do it myself.

Bo

15. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

TTF works great here under Windows 8. Only one problem, lately I get ''Not Enough Space Caching Disk'' message from TTF or something similar. Any idea how to increase the TTF allocated space disk without having to reinstall TTF?

I remember that the default value (when installing TTF) is 3GB, any chance to increase that?

Thanks.

ttf_New.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  16. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

@ PaulBB, I think that with the newest version - that you are using - you can't do that.

Unlike the 'Old Version' (available in TTF Page for download) , with the latest v. there aren't 'Settings' windows that allowed to do what you want: to change the Cache Size.

Maybe install over your instalation (and change then the disk caching if allowed)?

17. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

watch out, As I found out that once the cache is full it will delete the snapshot and resets to zero. This is bad. They should do what comodo time machine or rollback rx do in that leave it up-to you to delete the snapshots when you want to or to keep it permanently.

So its back to old comodo time machine for permanent snapshot keeping for me.

18. bo elam

TTF (Light virtualization) is not an snapshot program. There are no snapshots that get deleted.

Bo

19. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I tried out TTF for the first time. When i Stop it i don't get any Exit Options..Only i have to restart now. What about saving any changes or not.

20. bo elam

I haven't used TTF for a while but I know Time freeze gives you the option to save changes after you stop protection. You should be seeing an small screen with the options to drop or save all changes. I never used that option but it was there I remember.

Bo

21. kupo

kupo Registered Member

In the latest version, save changes is no longer available. It is due to the change in engine. However, you can now exclude files and folders in protection.

22. CGuard

CGuard Registered Member

The new engine feels great (snapier, lighter) on my W7U (x86) system -hope that it's as effective as the old one.

BUT:

Is anyone else facing the following 3 issues?

1 (minor). I can't tell whether Folder/File Exclusion is checkmarked (ON) or not, until i enter into Frozen Mode (hit "Start" button).

2 (minor). It's not auto-starting on a Standard User Account. No tray icon, no floating toolbar. I have to manually execute the ToolwizTimeFreeze.exe file or (i guess) to manually create a reg autostart entry. Not an issue with the old engine.

3 (major IFF it's not by design). When cutting-pasting a downloaded/created/altered file in an Excluded folder (TF is ON) from that folder to a non-Excluded folder, that file survives the reboot...

Also, i've noticed that

1.1 (possibly debatable-reagarding-to-its-purpose feature). Toggling the Folder/File Exclusion's status (checking/unchecking) while on Frozen Mode, gives the ability to exclude or include a predefined location from TF protection, on the fly!

PS. If any Shadow Defender' user has the time and interest to test/reproduce 3. and 1.1. behavioural characteristics and post back the results, it would be very enlightening regarding the way these LV engines implement the Folder Exclusion feature.

23. bo elam

CGuard, I am using SD version 1.2.0.346. In W7, if I cut and paste a file, after rebooting, the file is back to where it was originally. In the past, I also used version .376. In that version, if I cut and pasted something, the file was gone from the computer after rebooting. In the latest version, 1.3.0.457, the behaviour was similar to what I see in version .346 (the way it should be, I think).

On #1.1, Shadow defender does not allow the user to toggle exclusions while in Shadow mode, I tried to add a folder in exclusions and SD gave me the the message "The directory you selected is in Shadow mode. Operation canceled*.

Bo

Attached Files:

24. CGuard

CGuard Registered Member

Thank you, bo elam, for your time and feedback.

That's how i used to (intuitively) believe that any LV software handles the "move file" operation from an excluded location to a non-excluded one.

So far, i 've tried to move an already-existed/created-while-FE-is-ON/created-while-FE-is-OFF in an excluded folder, from that folder to a non-excluded one and, IFF the FE (Folder Exclusion) is ON, the file gets moved. My guess is that some kind of file location pointer gets updated (when it shouldn't?). Anyway, it's a little frustrating knowing that something can end up somewhere supposedly "protected".

Intrestingly enough, TTF allows, not only toggling the FE status, but also effectively adding (but not removing) new files/folders to the exlusion list, while in Frozen Mode!

25. bo elam

This kind of programs are not perfect but for the most part, they work great. If I was you, I wouldn't let what you found bother you. I used TTF before and its a very nice program. Programs like TTF and SD are important to me as they allow me to do certain things the way I like to do them, if they were not available or I did not use LV, I couldn't do those things.

Bo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.