Too secure?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by sfi, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sfi

sfi Registered Member

I currently have some stuff that is encrypted using AES technology. If I somehow forgot my password, would it be possible to find a program to hack the password? Not that I'm trying to hack other peoples data (which is a waste of time to me) But just as a precautionary.

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

The overly-simplistic answer is no; 256-AES encryption (with no back door) is, to the average user, unhackable.

3. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Depends on what you have used. If you are talking about a brute force attack, no it cant be cracked. However there may be problems with implementation, which tends to be the weakest link.

4. HURST

HURST Registered Member

As a matter of fact, a BF-attack might be the only way to defeat a properly implemented AES encryption, but the amount of time it would take makes it impossible (in the order of thousands or millions of years)

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

to put it very simply, if you do ever loose or forget your password you can kiss you data good bye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.