Too many notifications?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Bizadi, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

Today I have downloaded 10 of 11 of Microsoft's security updates. I am using the free version of PG with a dial-up connection. I planned to allocate an hour or so to get all of the updates after starting the download(s) so once the process had begun I went downstairs to watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans race. Imagine my surprise when I returned about 45 mins later and found that PG was diligently doing its job by not allowing the first d/l to begin before I clicked "Permit". This was fine, if a bit unexpected, and seeing as there were 10 more updates to follow I decided to stick around to monitor the process(es).

The majority of the Filenames were update.exe and the Descriptions were almost all Windows Service Pack Setup. They all seemed to be going to c:\windows\softwaredistribution\downloads.... etc. Upon every notification I ticked the "Always perform this action" when I clicked "Permit". Is there a way for me to give "blanket" or broad permission from anything coming from Microsoft? Would this be a good idea? I don't want to whine but I have just spent 2 and a half hours (the time issue is due to my dial-up situation) waiting and watching to allow security updates to download. I would really rather be doing something other than waiting to click Permit again and again.

2. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

From the Help File: What should you do when installing programs?
    Some people read a program's documentation and save themselves a lot of time and hassles later ;)

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

It is possible to install Windows Updates with PG running but you will have to OK each one. PG is doing its job by prompting you before allowing any new program to run, but some Windows Updates involve running several programs. This can also apply with any new software install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.