Too many lockups

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by AH786, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH786

AH786 Registered Member

I have PG2.00 installed on XP pro system with latest patches and av/spyware progs.

p4 3.0 HT
    1gb ram
    rad 9800 pro
    abit ic7
    sb audigy 2
    Intel Pro/1000 NIC

Almost everytime (apart from when windows has just been started) analog x script defender updates freezes. the screen for will you allow this prog to run appears and comp freezes. same with other progs, that I havent run before. such as installing new apps, etc.

ive uninstalled and reinstalled it. i have no viruses/spyware on my pc.

so im thinking this is a PG problem, anythin I can do to fix it?

its well annoying, my pc never used to crash, now it crashes daily at least once.

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I have been working on the next version of Process Guard and have fixed a few issues in the driver and service which have probably been causing some people some problems. In a few weeks it will be publicly available so hopefully it will fix any issue you might have.

A lot of issues with Process Guard are related to incorrectly setup permissions with certain applications, so have you received any log alerts from Process Guard which may help solve your problems?

3. AH786

AH786 Registered Member

ye i get what ur sayin but the only apps that lock up are ones that I havent run before.

eg, when I download a new program, theres a small chance it will lock up when I try to install.

everythin thats been already run, works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.