Too many FPs

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Robin Springall, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin Springall

Robin Springall Registered Member

Although I recommend ESS to my clients, I am a tad fed up with all the false positives (see attached, where I gather the IP address is Microsoft). Surely Eset can do better?

Attached Files:

• Eset.jpg
      Eset.jpg
      File size:
      68.7 KB
      Views:
  2. dorgane

dorgane Guest

it is not false dispositif but for allow/deny access at internet the computer because you are in interactive mode. :ouch:

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is Windows's svchost.exe and Windows Time synchronization . It is up to you if the traffic will be allowed when using this mode of the firewall.

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

You are correct, the IP is MS and the port is network time protocol, the firewall is doing what you set it to do, how can become upset when the product does what you tell it to do? I also don't see where the FP part comes in.

5. BBS808

BBS808 Registered Member

Microsoft or not, if I'm using a firewall(especially in interactive mode) I want to know everything that is
    trying to use a network connection. I'm unclear as to why you say this is a false positive...the firewall
    did what it was supposed to do, no?

On another note, I don't even recommend software to my friends and family unless I've gotten to know
    the product so well, that I could help them over the telephone easily....you have clients:blink:

6. Robin Springall

Robin Springall Registered Member

I reckoned that the red window meant that the connection would have been permanently blocked if the firewall had been operating in automatic mode.

Oh, and there's no need to be so nasty in your replies.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

It looks like there is a great misunderstanding of what is going on here by the op. If the firewall is in interactive mode it will prompt for you to create rules. Green popups for outgoing and red for incoming. You will see these until you train it, and if you create a rule you will not see it again for the same application. It is doing exactly what it should be doing, nothing else to it. This is the "interactive" part of an interactive firewall. These are not notices of an attack, they are asking if you want to allow this program to communicate through the firewall...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.