too many email notifications from the same clients

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by aluminex, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aluminex

aluminex Registered Member

Okay,

I am setting up email notifications and doing some preliminary testing before rolling this out into production. I am grateful for all of the help that I have received on these forums so thanks in advance.

I have a problem... I only enabled the email notifications for laptops and already in the last 6 hours I have received over 100 emails. I would say 95% of those are coming from 2 machines that are infected. I keep getting the same email's over and over and over.. Is there some setting I can adjust so that I will only receive these warnings from the same machine "x" amount of times in any given time period or anything else I can do to resolve this?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You will receive summary threat notifications from a client in certain intervals (I think it's set to every 5 minutes). As long as a threat is recurring on the client, you'll be getting a lot of emails.

3. aluminex

aluminex Registered Member

Seems like I am getting them every 1 minute... do you know what option that is?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'm not sure, maybe the notifications are sent out every minute. I'd suggest using ERA to collect all information from clients or you may end up being inundated with emails in the event of a recurring problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.