Too many antispyware options

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by justonequestion, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm just starting to learn about all the nasties out there, and have installed SpywareBlaster and some other common (Spybot S&D, HijackThis, AdAware) programs. Something, likely for my own benefit, has locked out Tools-Internet Options in IE6 with a message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions...blah blah blah".

I don't know which piece of software has done this! Any ideas?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi justonequestion :)

I think it is your spybot.

Here is a screenshot

Can u tell me if u have the " lock IE control panel" checked?

If u do uncheck it and try your tools-internet options again.

snowbound

- Adjusted image link - LWM

[​IMG]

3. Identical to your screenshot - except the Miscellaneous section at the bottom is completely missing. At least now I know which program to concentrate on - thanks!

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi justonequestion,

To get that lower section to appear when you open Spybot, you need to use the "advanced mode" of Spybot, it's a separate option off the Spybot folder in the start menu...

"Start" menu > "Programs" > "Spybot Search & Destroy" > "Spybot S&D (advanced mode)" > then into the "Immunize" screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.